Tom Fox

Cracker1234

They are contracted for another 12 months they will not be the first priority and if they are i will be disappointed

First priority will be establishing exactly what he has at VP,  what processes exist currently and determining a strategy for improving our commercial operations and then ensuring he has the toold at his disposal to be able to do that.  I would expect to see some other senior management changes in the coming weeks after he joins so that he has a team in place he can trust and work with to fulfill his objectives for the club

badges

player contracts for existing staff

sorting out the balti pies

are all way down the list.  He will also not be too involved in incoming transfers either given where we are in the window,  these will i assume be handled by existing team.  

• Like 4

Contracts for delph, gabby, vlaar and grealish should certainly be number 1 priority. How much value is there that could potentially sign agreements leaving the club for nothing in just 4 months?

I wouldn't give Gabby a new contract.

• Like 2

They are contracted for another 12 months they will not be the first priority and if they are i will be disappointed

First priority will be establishing exactly what he has at VP,  what processes exist currently and determining a strategy for improving our commercial operations and then ensuring he has the toold at his disposal to be able to do that.  I would expect to see some other senior management changes in the coming weeks after he joins so that he has a team in place he can trust and work with to fulfill his objectives for the club

badges

player contracts for existing staff

sorting out the balti pies

are all way down the list.  He will also not be too involved in incoming transfers either given where we are in the window,  these will i assume be handled by existing team.  

About £20m worth of players (and god knows how much potentially if they develop and the market continues to inflate) can walk out the door for nothing in 10 months and you don't think that is priority?

What use is improving commercial operations when you are chucking money away straight away.

Edited by rodders0223

Wouldnt have thought it is his priority I would think these discussions have been ongoing without him anyway

Worryingly it doesn't look like they have. For me his first priority has to be securing what are now at risk assets for the club, his second priority should be the main part of his role which is increasing revenues through whatever means he can, for me his third priority should be players with two years left on their contracts so that we're not in this mess next summer as well.

He'll also need to get a team in place and figure out what he already has as you say, the good news is he'll be able to do more than one thing at a time.

In terms of his involvement in the contracts, I'd guess it'd be a couple of hours with the manager to see if he wants them, a couple of hours with Robin Russell to see how much money we've got and a couple of hours with the lawyers to instruct them on dealing with the agents - other than a final sign off meeting I'd have thought that would be the extent of his involvement.

The interesting bit (and his field of expertise) will be sponsorship on shirts (is that up at the end of the season?), shirt manufacturer, image rights, stadium rights and all those other commercial deals he brings the reputation for being excellent with; but I think it'll be a few months yet until we see the fruits of that labour.

There have been a few people talking about how much he talked about style of play being important to the brand whilst at Arsenal. I don't see that as him being keen to direct the club into a playing style for commercial purposes, more a reflection of the Arsenal ethos where they love to bang on about style (over substance) - he'll take what we've got and use it to our interests I hope.

I guess the question is where will we see his influence first, either by protecting money through contract renewals, increasing revenue through deals, increasing revenue through getting more from us, from the stadium, or from raising our profile around the world? 

Tough job - good luck!

Wouldnt have thought it is his priority I would think these discussions have been ongoing without him anyway

Agreed, Richard.  The man is no fool and would have done his homework (via discussions or not - given his likely contacts)

Delph also specifically stated, when asked in an interview, that no discussions had been had about contract extensions. With his season-on-season improvement, and the inflated market for English players, a contracted Delph may well be worth £12-15m next summer. If we let that walk away for nothing, we deserve every bad event that comes our way. 

Yes, sorting out contracts should be the number one priority. 

• Like 1

I think it is also worth noting that Lambert's contract runs out next summer too, so for him his priorities won't be getting those contracts sorted since he won't be here anyway, or at least I'd assume so. Up to the club to deal with and I fully expect Fox to do so. 

Delph also specifically stated, when asked in an interview, that no discussions had been had about contract extensions. With his season-on-season improvement, and the inflated market for English players, a contracted Delph may well be worth £12-15m next summer. If we let that walk away for nothing, we deserve every bad event that comes our way. 

There is no difference in real terms between players signing contracts now and signing them in mid-September after the transfer window has closed.  They shouldn't be our number one priority right now.

There is no difference in real terms between players signing contracts now and signing them in mid-September after the transfer window has closed.  They shouldn't be our number one priority right now.

I think you run a big risk the longer it runs on.  Take Grealish for example, i'm sure he and his family have a figure in their mind that they will sign for, if he performs really well in the next few games do you think that figure will remain the same? Do you think more and more agents and clubs will start to take more notice?  

Like said earlier, the combined worth of those 4 players would be a lot of money and in only a few months they could have signed agreements with other clubs to leave.  If they do sign in the next month or so then it won't be an issue but I couldn't disagree more about it not being a priority right now.  It should have been a priority months ago, to leave it this late to start contract talks is very poor IMO.  But given how the club has been run the past few years it's not much of a surprise.

Contracts for delph, gabby, vlaar and grealish should certainly be number 1 priority. How much value is there that could potentially sign agreements leaving the club for nothing in just 4 months?

I wouldn't give Gabby a new contract.[/quote

I would, performance related.

I wouldn't give Gabby a new contract.[/quote

I would, performance related.

Performance related would be a great idea not sure he'd be happy paying us though

• Like 1

I haven't read through all the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

For me Tom Fox will be responsible for the finances of the club as much as the on-field duties of a CEO. With that in mind, you would think that monetising the value of players would be a priority - i.e. whether or not we wish to keep Gabby, a new contract would ensure a resale value for him if we decide he's surplus to requirements.

I'mm sure the Vlaar and Delph situations would be high on his agenda, as well as any incoming newbies, strategic alliances and whatever the hell a CEO does.

Â