Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He looked nervous and was trying too hard, plenty of times he should of just played the easy ball but instead he kept over doing it. He is gonna take some time to get upto the levels required and the only positive to come from that game was that he hopefully will learn from his first full start and also the manager and coaches can assess his performance and help him out. 

TBH I'm not too concerned about his ability on the ball. From everything I've read thats never been his strength. What I am slightly concerned about is the lack of protection he offers. In most appearances he seems to charge at players who then simply pass it round him and then we have a large gap in dangerous areas.

Hopefully he begins to settle down.

This guy had a good world cup, there's no doubt that he has quality. Give him some time to adjust to the tempo in the Bpl and he will be great!

Not judging Sanchez yet but Bryan Ruiz had a good world cup too?

These types of player usually take time to adjust to team mates and league.

Way off the pace.

Unfortunate that we were forced to start him today.

Can't see the argument for Cole, NZog or Bacuna to have started ahead of him mind. All 3 play different positions

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing any of them in a DM role - but shuffling the formation a little

You can't shuffle an hour before kick off, you have to make do with what you have. Manager has said he's doing well in training so he gave him a spot. It was the best he could do under the circumstances, rather than having to redefine the roles of four players he made one swap.

Didn't work. Shit happens. Literally.

Way off the pace.

Can't see the argument for Cole, NZog or Bacuna to have started ahead of him mind. All 3 play different positions

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing any of them in a DM role - but shuffling the formation a little

You can't shuffle an hour before kick off, you have to make do with what you have. Manager has said he's doing well in training so he gave him a spot. It was the best he could do under the circumstances, rather than having to redefine the roles of four players he made one swap.

Why can't you? This is what a top manager should be doing, you always have different game plans. You should be reacting to how well you are playing/what the other team are doing. 

I don't like the 4 central mids playing together I think its a terrible system but Sanchez coming in for Westwood I have no problem with.

If Sanchez was injured though he would have to have changed system, thankfully this time it was just a straight swap.

Way off the pace.

Why can't you? This is what a top manager should be doing, you always have different game plans. You should be reacting to how well you are playing/what the other team are doing. 

I don't like the 4 central mids playing together I think its a terrible system but Sanchez coming in for Westwood I have no problem with.

If Sanchez was injured though he would have to have changed system, thankfully this time it was just a straight swap.

This isn't FM

• Like 1

Way off the pace.

Because you spend the entire week working on a particular plan for a particular game. It's not about the manager, it's about the players and what they are prepared for. The safest, and correct option IMO, was to attempt a like for like swap and maintain the system you'd worked on. You want to at least start with your plan A, especially when you're against a side who are man for man much better than you.

Sanchez didn't play particularly well. He didn't hold up his end of the bargain. It was an odd game regardless, fraught with difficulty. Not one to really judge anyone on IMO.

Way off the pace.

This isn't FM

Capello had plenty of success doing this. The only ones who couldn't handle it were England.

Â