Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Way off the pace.

Unfortunate that we were forced to start him today.

Can't see the argument for Cole, NZog or Bacuna to have started ahead of him mind. All 3 play different positions

I don't think anyone is suggesting playing any of them in a DM role - but shuffling the formation a little

Very very poor today. I wanted Lambert to take him off for his own good, he was getting worse the longer the game went on, perhaps feeling a bit ill?

He will improve, no doubt.

Needs to just sharpen up a bit, too pedestrian. Disappointed in his passing more than anything else, it was so loose and lacked conviction. I think his confidence was low as he'd have known he wasn't having a great game, and that probably made it more difficult to get going.

I wouldn't start him against Chelsea unless they think that bug was holding him back. However, another way of looking at it could be that if he can get used to the pace of it against Chelsea/City/Everton, he'll be fine with the rest of the league!

Hair looked absolutely class again.

Very poor full debut. I felt sorry for him though because you could just tell that he seemed to lack confidence, he didn't show for the ball from throw ins etc at all. 

Hopefully he will come good but i can't remember a worse performance from a midfielder in a long time. 

However saying he's going to take time would be fine if he were 23, but he's closer to 29 than 28 and isn't getting any younger.

I now look forwards to loads of people writing him off after coming in at the last min to make his debut against a top 4 team. Probably the same people who said he should be in instead of Westwood a few days back.

Felt for him yesterday. Way behind the pace, caught in possession too often and does'nt seem to have been given a specific role yet. I think once he develops that essential understanding with his fellow defenders and where he needs to be, then we'll have a player.

one thing in his favour - he seems desperately   keen make a success of his move to Aston Villa - From what I understand he is learning the language - and you could see him seeking guidance from the other players - long way to go for him - stick at it Carlos !

• Like 1

If he was good as people made out he would have slotted straight in and improved the squad. Whether he has adapted or not he's 29 and clearly doesn't have the quality required.

There are countless quotes from top managers in respect of the huge difficulties adapting to the premiership. They all say it can take a season.

How about we give the guy more than 2 hours ?

Obviously not ready just yet, Needs to be taken out of the spot light before the moans and groans start ringing through the stadium, Similar to Petrov in that shocker he had against Newcastle.

Subbed off at HT not seen for weeks then come back top class for us.

Stick at it lad, Good luck.

Edited by Kingman

Â