Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

No issues with Visa for this guy. Aston Villa are an A rating sponsor under Home Office rules for Tier 5 Sports visa and he has played the required games including recent World Cup

Going OT

Is there anything more stupid than a work permit for a footballer? There should only be 1 question on the form - "how much per year will they contribute to us in tax" - even of he's on relatively poor wages, say £10k a week (which he won't be) using my lazy ignorant tax maths that's £5k a week in tax, £260k a year, over a 5 year contract he will contribute more in tax than 99% of us here will in our life time...

It makes absolutely no sense to me

Well, the obvious thing would be that some english bloke could do the same job and pay the same tax, isn't it? So the money he keeps stay in England, sts.

• Like 1

No issues with Visa for this guy. Aston Villa are an A rating sponsor under Home Office rules for Tier 5 Sports visa and he has played the required games including recent World Cup

Going OT

Is there anything more stupid than a work permit for a footballer? There should only be 1 question on the form - "how much per year will they contribute to us in tax" - even of he's on relatively poor wages, say £10k a week (which he won't be) using my lazy ignorant tax maths that's £5k a week in tax, £260k a year, over a 5 year contract he will contribute more in tax than 99% of us here will in our life time...

Well, the obvious thing would be that some english bloke could do the same job and pay the same tax, isn't it? So the money he keeps stay in England, sts.

In theory, but in reality? The foreigner from outside the EU will prevent a foreigner from inside the EU from getting the job...

I can also understand the idea that they don't want the youth teams full of South Americans but again that could be sorted by looking at the tax contribution

Going OT

In theory, but in reality? The foreigner from outside the EU will prevent a foreigner from inside the EU from getting the job...

I can also understand the idea that they don't want the youth teams full of South Americans but again that could be sorted by looking at the tax contribution

I think you've missed his point! You don't want any old crap coming in so you must have a standard. If money was the standard it doesn't matter who gets it English or foreign the tax take would be the same so why bring more crap in?

So is this player in the diame mould or is he similar in shape to our current midfield players?

Think Makalele, but can't pass and has a huge afro

That's fine. We have other players who think they can pass. Hopefully he'll just destroy people and play simple.

A defensive mid? I may not be convinced about the quality of our signings so far, but they all seem to have some sort of a plan behind them - I can see where they address issues with the squad.

Last transfer window was exciting, but seemed to be a bit all over the place - it wasn't particularly clear where a lot of the players fit into our tactics.

Hope this gets across the line, we really need some steel in midfield.

Â