Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I wonder if Ryu will come back now. Could do with a rap sheet on this fella

Hey brother. What you need to know about Carlitos:

- Not your traditional Colombian player. He was discovered young and taken to play in Uruguay where he made his name at the club level prior to earning a move to play for Valenciennes in Ligue1 where he played several seasons. (Similar situation to Falcao, Eder Balanta, James Rodriguez, Guarin and many others in the current Colombian international set up who have played none or very little minutes domestically)

- He is a true '5' - he breaks up play, covers well for the centreback or advancing fullback when they get into attacking positions (Colombia plays with two very aggressive fullbacks in Zuniga and Armero) and keeps it simple. Not particularly cultured with the throughball but does change the field well and plays tidy. Covers a lot of field and known for his lungs.

- Particularly strong at man marking opposing creative players. He consolidated himself in the Colombian NT by man marking Messi beautifully (and without a card) at the last Copa America. 

- Known for being a good 'practice' player that coaches like.

- He would be a great signing for Villa and fill a need we've had FOREVER. However, I do have to note that even by South American standards his contractual situation has been considered bizarre for ages, I worry if Villa have pulled out its due to stuff discovered during due diligence (x football stuff). 

Great to see you post again. Thanks for that! 

I got a feeling it broke down to Randy not wanting to finance the third parties. 

Wouldn't we have known about the third party issues before we went in FFS? Gutted

I'm sure we knew, but if it's fallen apart because of that perhaps the third party were unwilling to work in such a way that would adhere to Premier League rules and we cut things off early. If it's off (again, IF), then it might actually be us trying to play hardball and walking away to make them actually behave. If that's the case, I wouldn't expect this to be the last of it

Â