Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He'll get sent off at least three times this year.

It is a worry buying a defensive midfielder late into pre-season he could be wildly off the pace at the start of the season.

It's notlike he's not been training and playing with Elche though

There is an article in the sun saying that we have pulled out of any deal for Sanchez...

There was apparently an article in the Sun yesterday that Villa played Roma and captioned a picture of Keane as Lambert.

Absolute bunch of dogshit that paper is.

• Like 2

There is no way we would pull out of a deal unless something came up in a medical. It's late in the transfer market and he's a player we need. If it doesn't go through it would be something from Elche or the 3rd party owners stopping us

So he's tiny? I was hoping for a bit of an enforcer.

Sorry that's what I meant by like makelele comparison. Protector of the defense, breaks up opposition play, unsung hero of the team. He's the same height as diame and plays a similar role, has also spent a lot of years playing in France which is what made me think of makelele originally.

I think it's like us signing us diame but obviously will have less experience in this league, which is a compromise for how much better his wages will be. But it took almost no time for him to adjust to Spanish football last year and he played well against the best at the world cup so I think he'll settle quickly and be a good signing for us. Wouldn't start him at Stoke though as I think for him that game is a red card waiting to happen

The Sun article was 3 hours ago and states £4mil then just over a hour ago the Birmingham Mail says we have agreed a fee for £3.5mil so god knows whos right.

The Sun have made it up they are just reporting something different to other papers, their report has no foundation, no quotes and is ridiculously vague. It needs to be ignored

So according to the Sun we go as far agreeing a fee and then Lambert decides he doesn't want the player?  lol I'm calling BS, sure next target we might as well get the fee agreed, get them in for a medical and then we can decide if we want the player... 

Unless there is either a 3rd party problem or problem with medical if it turns out PL decides not to sign him I will be gutted he is what we need right now and for decent money!

Â