Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

This guy is a completely different type of player to Ki. So the journos statement of turning to Sanchez coz we failed to get Ki is a bit lazy. Although maybe it says more about Lambert assessing our midfielder needs and problems.

So I'm hoping if we sign him we don't see our midfield problem as fixed.

Sanchez is a good ball retainer, hard in the tackle and will definitely make our midfield less easy to waltz through.

But on the ball and technically he looks miles away from Ki so I really hope we are still looking for a Ki type.

1 red card and 8 yellows in 24 games last season hints at poor discipline aswell.

But I will be delighted to see a tough guy in our midfield under the stewardship of Roy Keane.

Now on to a Ki type please Lambert.

• Like 1

I disagree, I think we need more of a Sanchez than a Ki right now.

We need a tough tackler to break up play and add some toughness to our midfield, a strong player who has a little bit of a dirty streak in him.

We need a dirty Sanchez, desperately. Every Villa fan should demand a dirty Sanchez, we shouldn't go into the new season without one. I want to go to Villa Park next season with every Villa fan with huge grins on their faces because of our dirty Sanchez.

• Like 3

It gives us options at least, but you have to say that addressing one of our chronic problems (shipping far too many soft goals) is the way to go about seeing us safely into mid-table. That's not good enough in the grand scheme of Aston Villa, but for the rubbish we have had recently, it will do for now.

I disagree, I think we need more of a Sanchez than a Ki right now.

We need a tough tackler to break up play and add some toughness to our midfield, a strong player who has a little bit of a dirty streak in him.

We need a dirty Sanchez, desperately. Every Villa fan should demand a dirty Sanchez, we shouldn't go into the new season without one. I want to go to Villa Park next season with every Villa fan with huge grins on their faces because of our dirty Sanchez.

......immature

Santanadisgust.gif

He looks like he has fun... :rolleyes:

859171792.gif?1404504203

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

I have already copywrited the childishly amusing Dirty Sanchez gag. You owe me royalties.

You pay now!

Finally, a transfer that makes sense and would actually give the team what it's crying out for.

From a defensive point of view;

Hutton, Okore, Vlaar, Cisshoko, with Sanchez in front of them, is a lot more physical and solid [with pace it must be said] than the likes of Clark, Baker, Luna, Lowton or Bennet. The player we should have signed two years ago, but that is neither here nor there now I suppose.

Indeed

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cisshoko

Delph Sanchez Westwood

N'Zogbia Benteke Agbonlahor

ALMOST looks like a half decent side! :)

Swap Richardson for Agbonlahor

I'd be very happy with this, just what we need! Should be able to play with a bit more width if we do sign him. Whenever we tried to do so last year, our midfield would end up becoming so exposed, with no physical midfielder to add a bit of steel and protect the back 4. With Sanchez, we'll have a bit more protection and hopefully be able to actually have some width to our play.

I'm not getting too excited yet  as I wouldn't be surprised if this was a case of leaking a player's deal in the hope that a desperate club will come in with more ££. I can see the  likes of QPR, Newcastle, Sunderland attempting a late grab on this guy.

Though the thing which gives me a bit of hope is that we seemed to announce Cissokho only one the Luna - Verona deal picked up pace. Now that Tonev is in Scotland, this one seems to be picking up pace.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

Really hope this signing comes off, just what we need.

But regarless if we sign him or not, i hope we don't play 4-4-2 or use Gabby nor Weimann as wide players in a 4-3-3 formation

Â