Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Anybody know if he can speak any English? Also is the fee announced, I've seem £1.5 million to £4,5 million.

Think closer to the £4.5m mark but it is split between however many parties. Anybody gonna grab a Sanchez shirt?

Hell yes. Really pleased that he'll be having the number 24 as well as I'm as massive fan of the show.

• Like 2

YESS! I'm really pleased with this signing, and not just because I've been glued to this thread for 3days. He's a good, solid DM, which I a player we sorely needed last year. I don't expect him to be the saviour of Villa but it certainly feels like a step in the right direction. I wonder how much JPA's experience at Villa established is as a name in Columbia. Welcome Carlos. I might even get you on my shirt!

With regard to the numbers adding to 6, I'd say that's a good theory. Anyone else remember Diego Simeone (I think for Inter) used to have a little '+' sign between the numbers?

EDIT: it was Zamorano not Simeone.

Edited by alreadyexists

Very positive interview and great to hear he already had an affinity with the club and used to watch us.

Seems JPA was a great PR man. Hopefully 'The Rock' can get us a new legion of Colombian fans.

I don't know if he is any good or if he will adapt to the Premier League, but it surely is great to get in another number is a very weak midfield - as well as an enforcer to break up play. Very, very important for a team that are (most) likely to fight for relegation. I remember when we signed Jean Makoun, many had big hope for him, but it didn't go well at all. Hope it will be different with this guy, who should be in his prime to make an immediate impact.

Nice to see us address a crucial weakness in our team. I always felt we needed a no-nonsense shitkicker in midfield and this guy seems to be the one, I only wish we'd tried to get him or someone of his ilk last year or the year before. The midfield has been crying out for someone with a bit of presence, and the fact he is a six footer means that he'll tower over the three dwarves we've been playing.

• Like 1

Good signing from what I saw of him in the World Cup.

We can all argue the toss over the quality, or lack of from the players brought in this summer, but at least Lambert has filled the positions that needed filling: CB - Senderos, LB - Cissokho, DM - Sanchez, AM - Joe Cole. I think all we need is a wide midfielder, and it's been a productive window.

At least I'm now mildly looking forward to the season ahead!

• Like 2

Â