Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Good signing from what I saw of him in the World Cup.

We can all argue the toss over the quality, or lack of from the players brought in this summer, but at least Lambert has filled the positions that needed filling: CB - Senderos, LB - Cissokho, DM - Sanchez, AM - Joe Cole. I think all we need is a wide midfielder, and it's been a productive window.

At least I'm now mildly looking forward to the season ahead!

Wide midfielder = Richardson

BvFzCbYCcAAli6-.jpg

Blazer with jeans?

Sanchez Out!

Dunno what you're on about. Dude's well stylish. Bit of a man-crush on this guy, I have to admit. 

jeremy clarkson wears jeans and a blazer.

stylish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well chuffed with this signing. Seems like the first real DM we've had in ages. Both Westwood and Delph and the whole backline will get better if he delivers. And that's quite something. I don't think all our defenders are as bad as many says, they've had next to no help from the midfield in the last few seasons. Welcome, Carlos! :)

• Like 4

Good signing from what I saw of him in the World Cup.

We can all argue the toss over the quality, or lack of from the players brought in this summer, but at least Lambert has filled the positions that needed filling: CB - Senderos, LB - Cissokho, DM - Sanchez, AM - Joe Cole. I think all we need is a wide midfielder, and it's been a productive window.

At least I'm now mildly looking forward to the season ahead!

Wide midfielder = Richardson

Wider midfielder = Andy Reid

• Like 2

I wonder who we beat for his signature.

Goes to show there are quality Internationals out there that are so desperate for a pay rise and to play in this league they would even join us.

I suppose got to see how good he is first but first bit of good news this summer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Going to wear the number 24 shirt apparently. Let's hope he's better than the last Carlos who occupied that shirt ;)

I wonder if it's because 2 + 4 = 6? I remember reading ages ago that Yorke chose the number 18 shirt because it added up to 9 and that was the real number he wanted.

Usually is the case, except for 23 which is the old Michael Jordan Jersey. Infamous with the star of the team, hence beckham wore it for galaxy and I think Madrid..

Jesus I need a life!

Going to wear the number 24 shirt apparently. Let's hope he's better than the last Carlos who occupied that shirt ;)

I wonder if it's because 2 + 4 = 6? I remember reading ages ago that Yorke chose the number 18 shirt because it added up to 9 and that was the real number he wanted.

Usually is the case, except for 23 which is the old Michael Jordan Jersey. Infamous with the star of the team, hence beckham wore it for galaxy and I think Madrid..

Jesus I need a life!

Zamorano had the actual "+" on his no. 18 jersey at Inter

Ivan+Zamorano.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent signing. Well happy with this and pleased for Lambert too getting in a player of this quality in his current situation.

With our midfield performing so badly last season in truth the pressure is really on Sanchez to come in and make a difference, but I believe he will.

It's a big signing for us as it should hopefully mean that the roles in the team of Delph, Westwood, Gardner and others will change (hopefully for the better!) a little bit.

Most chuffed I've been for the Villa in a while and the season starts tomorrow! UTV!

Â