Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Always had hope for Sanchez. Such a great athlete but such a poor footballer.

There was a game against Chelsea a couple of years ago where his passing accuracy was honestly the worst I'd ever seen from a Villa player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Always had hope for Sanchez. Such a great athlete but such a poor footballer.

There was a game against Chelsea a couple of years ago where his passing accuracy was honestly the worst I'd ever seen from a Villa player.

Great athlete is an interesting phrase - I always remember him completely running out of gas after about 65/70 minutes. 

Likeable guy, loves playing football... but just didn't work out here. 

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

Can't wait to get shot, nice guy but such a poor footballer.

Sanchez is not as bad as he looks here. It's happened to many a player here over the last few years. Decent reputation or potentially decent signing and then they go and commit the ultimate sin as a football player - sign a contract with Aston Villa. 

Sanchez with Colombia looks good because he wins the ball and gives to the closest and most likely skillful team mate. Here he wins a ball and looks up to see statues and no movement in front of him so it's like he decides that he has to try to take on a man or try an audacious pass. That's not what he is made for. He's a ball winning midfielder and no more in my opinion. I'm not claiming that he is Claude Makalele or anything but he has strengths but as has been the case here over the last few years, we've put square pegs in round holes or round ones (Gabby - couldn't resist despite him looking trim recently) in square holes.

Having said all that I wouldn't be fussed if he left but just think that we utilised him incorrectly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Great athlete is an interesting phrase - I always remember him completely running out of gas after about 65/70 minutes. 

Likeable guy, loves playing football... but just didn't work out here. 

I suppose I mean more in stature than anything. He's such a unit and with a nickname like "The Rock" I just hoped for more.

Edited by JPAngel

I'm happy for him to go. As alluded to previously, there is no problem with him or his attitude (unlike others) but he has ultimately been very poor for us, bordering on being a liability on many occasions. Playing him in his "correct" position, which is presumably sitting in front of the defence mean that his mistakes expose us to greater danger as they will be nearer our own goal.

Good luck to him if he does move but for me, it is another link to our recent dim past broken. Hopefully more will follow.

Yeah £3m would be good business for us if we can get it. He isn't an automatic first choice player here, which says alot about him as the standard of our midfield/team has been shocking for the last few years. You would imagine that if Marseille are looking to buy Snachez, then they possible won't be able to afford Gana.

Â