Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Just watched the highlights on MOTD and from what I've seen it looks as if it could be argued he played a part in almost all their goals. Diabolical player, hope he never pulls the shirt on again.

He does have the ball control of a 5 year old, it really is quite remarkable how bad he is on the ball, dribbling, intercepting, passing, especially any pass more than about 4ft away.

The Rock... Ha, what an hilarious nickname for such a crap player.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, electronicmaji said:

I know you all hate him but he had another monstrous game for Colombia tonight. 

I don't hate him in the slightest, but I think he's been very poor time and time again for us. Two seasons in the PL and barely a game where he looked competent. 

I agree he does do it for Columbia, like KSV said perhaps we use him in the wrong way. My main memory of him last season is misplacing so many passes and giving the ball away constantly. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

We try to use him as a box to box player. He doesn't have the engine. For Colombia he is disciplined and just sits in front of the back four and mops up. You rarely see him venture forward. At Villa you do and see those shots that go over the bar and he doesn't have the engine to go back. We didnt use many of our players correctly due to poor managers and shit tactics.

This is it. He has to be played in the correct position for him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is it. He has to be played in the correct position for him.

In fairness, he has played there for us and has been a disaster.

I personally do not hate him, I actually quite like him and would never question his commitment.

I do not, however think that he's very good. Very much like Sinclair, my feeling is that at some point you must draw a line under certain players and just say "this isn't working" I am at that point with both Sanchez & Sinclair. This is not to say that they won't both go on to do well elsewhere, I just feel that their boats have sailed at Villa.

If RDM wants to keep him, that is fine by me. We are in the Championship now so that could play a part in bringing better performances from Sanchez. Ideally, I would like him replaced though.

Edited by Butterfingers

As a player I hate him. And part of the reason is constantly hearing about how good he is for Columbia. Who cares? He's been nothing short of an embarrassment for most of his time here. Terrible player in this country. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As a player I hate him. And part of the reason is constantly hearing about how good he is for Columbia. Who cares? He's been nothing short of an embarrassment for most of his time here. Terrible player in this country. 

Kinda like with Guzan?

• Like 1

By and large his performances have been shite for us. He may well be good in the Championship, but his wages will be high for that league, and he's synonymous with some of our worst ever premier league campaigns so on that basis I want him out. 

A frustrating player. His positives and negatives literally cancel each other out. Great at tackling, then passes it straight back to the opposition!

As I said in another thread,  he just needs to be an anchor and break up play and do nothing else.  Get the ball back and pass it 5 yards to someone to do something with it.  

It should give other players in the squad to take a few risks when you have a player like that.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

As I said in another thread,  he just needs to be an anchor and break up play and do nothing else.  Get the ball back and pass it 5 yards to someone to do something with it.  

It should give other players in the squad to take a few risks when you have a player like that.  

That's how I see him as well.

He's an extreme role player, only works as an anchor man and nothing else.

Needs to have a clear and simple outlet (playmaker) as soon as he wins the ball.

Having him in a 2 or 3 man midfield containing Gana and/or Westwood will never work.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

That's how I see him as well.

He's an extreme role player, only works as an anchor man and nothing else.

Needs to have a clear and simple outlet (playmaker) as soon as he wins the ball.

Having him in a 2 or 3 man midfield containing Gana and/or Westwood will never work.

Which IMO makes him pretty useless.

Â