Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Lille was 3 seasons ago, remains to be seen how good he is now. Technique is most likely still there but his legs have probably gone, I'm hoping he will have a Patrick Berger style impact, but I'm not expecting a huge amount from him, I doubt he'll be a regular over the course of the season. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I think he'll be class.

Even with limited appearances, I reckon he could easily have a big impact and could probably win us 3 points by himself during the season. Could be a great impact player and someone who can inspire the younger ones to express themselves more on the pitch.

I think he'll be class.

Even with limited appearances, I reckon he could easily have a big impact and could probably win us 3 points by himself during the season. Could be a great impact player and someone who can inspire the younger ones to express themselves more on the pitch.

I hope so but then i question why west ham didn't want to keep him, especially when big sam is under pressure to play better football.

I think he'll be class.

I hope so but then i question why west ham didn't want to keep him, especially when big sam is under pressure to play better football.

I'll leave the 'he's crap/good" comments until I've seen him play 1000 minutes or so for us (hopefully that won't take more than around 15 games), but if Cole wasn't wanted by FatSam that's a good start in my opinion. :-)

Good to have him back, would imagine he'll figure in the two home games.

I reckon home games will show wether this was an astute signing or not as I'd prefer to go with as much pace as possible away from home as that usually works for us but at VP we need more creativity.

I think he'll be class.

Other clubs too...........do fail to get the best out of players.

Article in the Telegraph about our Joe.

“I could have made a fortune but I want to challenge myself. As soon as I spoke to the manager and had a look at Villa and what the club was about I fancied it. I’ve definitely taken a drop in money but it’s never been about that for me. Can I still do it at the top level and what can I do?

“I’m a competitor so there will always be unfinished business. Until I feel my legs can’t do it, when that day comes I’ll pack it in, but while I feel I’ve got something to offer I’ll always be competitive.

clicky

As I said, he ain't here for the money. The guy wants to play and will be doing his best to make it out on the pitch and to make a contribution when he does. I really hope he can be the player we so need and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

Â