Joe Cole

TrentVilla

If fit I'd start him at QPR to add a little creativity to our team

As would I, hopefully we could get 60 minutes out of him.

We badly need seem creativity in the final third, would start Sanchez too which would hopefully give him more license and protection behind him.

If fit I'd start him at QPR to add a little creativity to our team

As would I, hopefully we could get 60 minutes out of him.

We badly need seem creativity in the final third, would start Sanchez too which would hopefully give him more license and protection behind him.

Yep, agreed. It could hardly go worse than the last game, so let's make a positive change rather than the same old same old. 

so far coles been given free money just as i expected has not started one league game. what a waste of tiem this signing has been

And he is hardly earning anything because he isn't playing.

You might dismiss it as a waste of time because he hasn't yet started a league game but personally I don't agree because I still think he will have a role to play for us this season and he will be a good influence on the younger players at the club. Several of which have already suggested this is the case.

So not a waste of time or money in my book even if he hasn't played in the first team, yet.

Time to swap Joe, Jack and Carlos for Nzog, Richardson and Gabby.

I can almost guarantee this won't happen. No chance Lambert will make changes for QPR, in his time at Villa he has always seemed to stick with players (sometimes for too long).

EDIT :blush: : Looks like C. Sanchez might come into the team, which is a bit defensive given that we are playing the bottom side.

Edited by villa89

so far coles been given free money just as i expected has not started one league game. what a waste of tiem this signing has been

You might dismiss it as a waste of time because he hasn't yet started a league game but personally I don't agree because I still think he will have a role to play for us this season and he will be a good influence on the younger players at the club. Several of which have already suggested this is the case.

So not a waste of time or money in my book even if he hasn't played in the first team, yet.

Surely his influence can't be judged yet and as he's not playing, currently he seems a bit of a waste of time and money. That could well change but I'm doubtful.

Surely his influence can't be judged yet and as he's not playing, currently he seems a bit of a waste of time and money. That could well change but I'm doubtful.

Well seemingly not according to several of the younger players who have already commented on it.

As for the money, as I've said numerous times he isn't on a pay as you play deal but his wage is relatively speaking very small unless playing so the money really isn't an issue even with our limited resources.

I'm sure the U18 enjoyed listening to Cole after they got thumped 12-2 by Chelsea and lost 3-0 to Brighton and the U21 felt his influence after losing to Derby and most recently 4-1 to West Brom. ;)

When we needed to sign a wide player and someone who could make a difference we got someone who is injured for too much of the season and is past his best.

Saying that I hope Cole produces the goods for us but I have my doubts. Time will tell.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

When we needed to sign a wide player and someone who could make a difference we got someone who is injured for too much of the season and is past his best.

As opposed to all those young up and coming wingers that could have improved us that were available on Bosman's and willing to join us.

As opposed to all those young up and coming wingers that could have improved us that were available on Bosman's and willing to join us.

Assuming of course they had to be brought in on a Bosman and had to be young and up coming.

Not sure a few promotional links on the website prove he's had a positive influence. Actions over words. He'll have a positive influence when he contributes to the team doing well.

How about players like Grealish commenting on it on their personal social media accounts?

Oh I can't be arsed, you've clearly made your mind up which is fine but no point me trying to change it.

Assuming of course they had to be brought in on a Bosman and had to be young and up coming.

Well you seem to be suggesting that we should have signed a winger that wasn't past his best, therefore that makes them up and coming doesn't it?

And you suggested we should have signed them in place of Cole who was signed on a Bosman so cost £0. So which up and coming winger should we have signed on a Bosman in his place?

• Like 1

Well seemingly not according to several of the younger players who have already commented on it.

As for the money, as I've said numerous times he isn't on a pay as you play deal but his wage is relatively speaking very small unless playing so the money really isn't an issue even with our limited resources.

I have not seen any comments from the younger players so I cant comment on that

Again I cant comment on that as I have not seen your posts that relate to that, but so far he has been how i expected injured and i said to myself if we get 10 starts out of him be a good achievement in the league

Just think this signing was a waste of time, hopefully i am proven wrong mind you

It's not my job to pick which players we should have purchased. For all we know there may have been some transfer funds available to purchase somebody else and also another (better) manager may have purchased or even picked up a Bosman player who would have had a bigger impact than Cole.

The proof is in the pudding - so far he has contributed nothing on the pitch. Let's hope this changes.

Not sure a few promotional links on the website prove he's had a positive influence. Actions over words. He'll have a positive influence when he contributes to the team doing well.

How about players like Grealish commenting on it on their personal social media accounts?

Oh I can't be arsed, you've clearly made your mind up which is fine but no point me trying to change it.

If Joe Cole has effected grealish and helped improve him as a player then great. I just don't really see it. You don't have to try and change my mind, its a message board to share opinions.

• Like 1

Â