Joe Cole

TrentVilla

If he's struggling to make the bench now, what chance when Benteke and Kozak are fit?

Attacking players will have to be cut from the 18, Bent is an obvious one and I'd rather have CNZ and Grealish on the bench as attacking midfield options than Cole tbh.

Joe Cole has the sort of ability the rest of our midfield couldn't buy put together, and you wouldn't give him 20 minutes coming off the bench?

is he still alive?

Yep, scored a peach the other day for the U21 team. Think he will be utilised in games where we can potentially "boss" the pitch yet need to break defences down. Home games against somewhat lesser teams than those we've recently played, basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, wasn't on long enough to make much of a difference, but showed some nice touches and dropped into the enormous space between our midfield and strikers. 

I hope we see more of him - seems to me that he'll be a lot more use than CNZ. 

is he still alive?

Yep, scored a peach the other day for the U21 team. Think he will be utilised in games where we can potentially "boss" the pitch yet need to break defences down. Home games against somewhat lesser teams than those we've recently played, basically.

Villa have not bossed a game in last 5 years & that includes league one opposition

Â