Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Mansfield. just saying

The level of opposition has no bearing on how well he can control or pass the ball.

Yeah, there is no difference between some league two muppet pressing you and Matic, Yaya, Gerrard and Ramires. Well maybe not Gerrard.

• Like 1

The way people get shot down on here for being positive these days is daft

After reflecting on it, I actually think Cole could be a bit of a masterstroke signing. As I read on the Hammers forum, he was played out wide for the past two years, and it isn't his position and he had to do a lot of running, a lot of defensive and donkey work, and his legs aren't what they were.

....but playing in the middle, with the runners we have got around him, I think he could bring a lot to the team.I am thinking Merson, not Ginola.

...but yes, it was on Mansfield :)

I see it this way too.

And I can see if we'd have lost then the exact opposite would happen - the team/manager/lerner/players would probably be slated even though it was a mansfield and not a man city, just like those that are seeing positives! Just saying!

• Like 1

The way people get shot down on here for being positive these days is daft

Yeah it's stupid. Some couldn't even enjoy the opening day win last season "Well we had 2 penalties, they had a player sent off, bit lucky really".

Most words about Cole's performance last night were positive. Can only beat what's in front of you. 

• Like 1

Cole might be past his best but he is still class on the ball. Given we've had two seasons where we've had large stretches of games where we could not get the ball to our strikers in any sort of decent position, this signing could be an absolute masterstroke.

I like to think he can do well for us, if used properly. Why he went back to West Ham to player under a manager like Allardyce is a mystery to me. You do not play a small thirty something with a history of injuries out wide. If he is plays in the middle with others to do the running like Delph, Nzog or Westwood, he could do a job for us. Just to calm it down and keep the play going. 

It has been years since we had someone with flair to play for us so I hope Lambert can coax a few more years out of Cole.I At his best he is the sort of player you want to watch. He plays the game the way it should be ever since he burst onto the scene in his teens.  It is always somewhat romantic if you can get a Indian summer out of you last years. Villa could be the place for Cole. 

• Like 1

I think what he'll be able to offer away from the field to the likes of Westwood, Delph and Bacuna will be priceless.

Yep - they can do the work but his composure and technique is definitely what we've been missing.

• Like 1

Gary McAllister was considered an old knacker well past his prime when let go by Coventry.  Liverpool snapped him up and he inspired them to multiple trophies.

This could be a great signing and why not us taking a gamble rather than watching him for another team and moaning why wasn't we in for him.

At least he is used to claret and blue

• Like 1

difference being that at Liverpool Mcallister had some decent players around him,  he wasnt on his own. You could say the same for Strachan when he went to Leeds

Â