Joe Cole

TrentVilla

That's good. If on form he could make a real difference. I really do hope we actually play him in the middle rather than trying to play him on the wing like countless managers have done during his career.

Think he signed up for a charity game organised by Rio Ferdinand for middle of September so he must feel he will be fit soon.

Is that wise, him playing a charity game? I know it's not exactly going to be strenuous for him, but he seems to be able to pick up injuries by just running in training.

Be utterly amazed if he plays 10 games for us next season

Why? He played 20 games last season.
How many of those were 90 minutes?

Not sure how that is relevant to Richard's post, he didn't say he would be amazed if he played 90 minutes 10 times.

• Like 1

Not sure how that is relevant to Richard's post, he didn't say he would be amazed if he played 90 minutes 10 times.

Sorry. Maybe I should have removed Richards quoted post. I was genuinely interested how much he actually played in terms of minutes. If it's based on appearances then you could say even Sylla played a lot of games last season.

Sorry. Maybe I should have removed Richards quoted post. I was genuinely interested how much he actually played in terms of minutes. If it's based on appearances then you could say even Sylla played a lot of games last season.

Ah... got you, sorry I mistook your post. I'm honestly not sure but I will have a look later and find out mate.

Ah... got you, sorry I mistook your post. I'm honestly not sure but I will have a look later and find out mate.

No worries. I can see how it looked related.

Just had a quick look and it was 790 minutes last season and 619 the season before. Not sure how much of that was down to injuries or just not being selected. It's not much playing time but enough to add a vital contribution in certain games when every point is so important.

I'm not expecting much from him to be honest but at least he adds experience and depth to the squad.

There are 3,420 minutes in a regulation premier league season, with an additional 6 on average in stoppage time, so a total of 3,648 minutes (roughly) on offer for every player. In the last FIVE YEARS Joe Cole has managed 3,629 minutes total

No worries. I can see how it looked related.

Just had a quick look and it was 790 minutes last season and 619 the season before. Not sure how much of that was down to injuries or just not being selected. It's not much playing time but enough to add a vital contribution in certain games when every point is so important.

I'm not expecting much from him to be honest but at least he adds experience and depth to the squad.

Well the way his contract is structured it won't cost us much if he doesn't play. He isn't on a pay as you pay contract but it is a base pay that is supplemented by appearances.

If he plays and contributes great if he doesn't well it won't be that costly.

• Like 4

Well the way his contract is structured it won't cost us much if he doesn't play. He isn't on a pay as you pay contract but it is a base pay that is supplemented by appearances.

If he plays and contributes great if he doesn't well it won't be that costly.

Good stuff and fair play to him for accepting that too. I'm sure he could've got a decent set wage in the MLS or something.

• Like 3

Back in training according to the OS. We haven't seen much from him yet but I was impressed by how comfortable he is on the ball and his awareness on the pitch, always seemed to know where all his teammates were at all times. A real calmness to his play also. It's a shame that with his injury record we can't rely on him to play more games. He could be a very good influence on players like Westwood and Delph.

• Like 2

Back in training according to the OS. We haven't seen much from him yet but I was impressed by how comfortable he is on the ball and his awareness on the pitch, always seemed to know where all his teammates were at all times. A real calmness to his play also. It's a shame that with his injury record we can't rely on him to play more games. He could be a very good influence on players like Westwood and Delph.

You sound surprised???

• Like 1

Â