Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Not sure a few promotional links on the website prove he's had a positive influence. Actions over words. He'll have a positive influence when he contributes to the team doing well.

How about players like Grealish commenting on it on their personal social media accounts?

Oh I can't be arsed, you've clearly made your mind up which is fine but no point me trying to change it.

If Joe Cole has effected grealish and helped improve him as a player then great. I just don't really see it. You don't have to try and change my mind, its a message board to share opinions.

I'm not, as I just said.

As for Grealish, regardless of if you see it or not it is what he said.

Not sure a few promotional links on the website prove he's had a positive influence. Actions over words. He'll have a positive influence when he contributes to the team doing well.

How about players like Grealish commenting on it on their personal social media accounts?

Oh I can't be arsed, you've clearly made your mind up which is fine but no point me trying to change it.

If Joe Cole has effected grealish and helped improve him as a player then great. I just don't really see it. You don't have to try and change my mind, its a message board to share opinions.

I'm not, as I just said.

As for Grealish, regardless of if you see it or not it is what he said.

I'm not denying he said or it that others have said it. But how have those comments impacted on Aston villa football club? Until he does contribute in a way that has an impact then I don't believe he can be classed as having a positive impact. That applies to all players really. Now I'm not saying he won't, hopefully he's still got enough left in the tank to be the creative player we're crying out for. But at the moment, all he's done is recover from niggling injuries.

£20K a week is the basic according to the reports I can remember seeing.  Not that win bonuses would make much of a difference even if he was playing.  An utter waste of time and money.  Ridiculously dismal signing.

£20K a week is the basic according to the reports I can remember seeing.  Not that win bonuses would make much of a difference even if he was playing.  An utter waste of time and money.  Ridiculously dismal signing.

Silly comment. Ridiculously dismal??

Pretty stupid comment IMO. I think he's a good option and if anything he'll teach a lot of the younger players about professionalism and dedication to training.

Pretty stupid comment IMO. I think he's a good option and if anything he'll teach a lot of the younger players about professionalism and dedication to training.

A £20k a week motivational speaker?

If it rubs off and has a good effect on the players, it'll be worth it. Better spent than 60k a week on a brainless Frenchman who dribbles into people, can't pass and trudges off the pitch when we're 2-0 down.

• Like 1

£20K a week is the basic according to the reports I can remember seeing. Not that win bonuses would make much of a difference even if he was playing. An utter waste of time and money. Ridiculously dismal signing.

Silly comment. Ridiculously dismal??

Risso, love him though I do, is prone to bouts of extreme negative hyperbole. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I certainly thought we would see more of him. Bit confused as to his purpose right now, but as said 2 months into a 2 year deal.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 years at 20k a week is what? £2million?

I'm not saying that's  not a waste of money if he doesn't play (but I think he will play) but we've wasted far far more money than that on transfers alone in the recent past.

Relatively speaking, it's not much.

I am not sure many posters would have thought - hey, let's sign Joe Cole. We all know what he was capable of, but we also know of his injury record.

He really needs to be playing to have a positive impact in the club, we have plenty of staff members whose job it is to have a positive influence on the younger players, and I very much doubt that he was employed to fulfil that role.

We had all this "good bloke to have around the youngsters" nonsense when we signed that other hopeless has-been, Grant Holt.  That worked out well.  I'd estimate that Cole will play no more than a dozen games all season, whether starting or coming on as sub.

Lost a few games so someone was going to get it.
Joe Cole is an easy target so yep let's moan about his impact.

Never mind the fact he signed a two year deal and we are in October ffs, let's write him off.

He was a free transfer, brought in to be a squad player. .

We didn't shell out up to £10m on him like clubs below us have on shite like Rodwell, Fer, Cabella and that donkey West Brom signed.

I don't know what people expected, from a player who was effectively a punt. We don't have the funds.

I still have faith he can play a part, have an impact on the pitch and provide us with something we have sorely lacked in the creativity department.

Over the value of his contract he is probably costing us less than the individual fees and wages of, say, Luna, Sylla, Bennett, Tonev etc...but all people see is a few losses on the bounce and a high profile player, an easy target so let's slag him. It's pathetic really..

Edited by rodders0223

Never mind the fact he signed a two year deal and we are in October ffs, let's write him off.

We didn't shell out up to £10m on him like clubs below us have on shite like Rodwell, Fer, Cabella and that donkey West Brom signed.

I don't know what people expected, from a player who was effectively a punt. We don't have the funds.

I still have faith he can play a part, have an impact on the pitch and provide us with something we have sorely lacked in the creativity department.

Over the value of his contract he is probably costing us less than the individual fees and wages of, say, Luna, Sylla, Bennett, Tonev etc...but all people see is a few losses on the bounce and a high profile player, an easy target so let's slag him. It's pathetic really..

He is an easy target because he is well past his best, and is almost constantly injured, and being a high profile player does not mean he is immune from criticism.

He is up there with Holt and Bowery for baffling signings. As for comparing him cost wise with Luna, etc., they were signed by Lambert, and that only compounds the poor value he achieved in many cases considering the paucity of his budget.

• Like 1

We had all this "good bloke to have around the youngsters" nonsense when we signed that other hopeless has-been, Grant Holt.  That worked out well.  I'd estimate that Cole will play no more than a dozen games all season, whether starting or coming on as sub.

Do you honestly think that Joe Cole and Grant Holt are similar? Other than both being footballers, I mean.

I don't know what people expected, from a player who was effectively a punt. We don't have the funds.

Over the value of his contract he is probably costing us less than the individual fees and wages of, say, Luna, Sylla, Bennett, Tonev etc...but all people see is a few losses on the bounce and a high profile player, an easy target so let's slag him. It's pathetic really..

He is an easy target because he is well past his best, and is almost constantly injured, and being a high profile player does not mean he is immune from criticism.

He is up there with Holt and Bowery for baffling signings. As for comparing him cost wise with Luna, etc., they were signed by Lambert, and that only compounds the poor value he achieved in many cases considering the paucity of his budget.

Spot on. When you add up all these "cheap" signings who contribute knack all, it's suddenly not so cheap.

• Like 2

Â