Joe Cole

TrentVilla

There are 3,420 minutes in a regulation premier league season, with an additional 6 on average in stoppage time, so a total of 3,648 minutes (roughly) on offer for every player. In the last FIVE YEARS Joe Cole has managed 3,629 minutes total

Interesting stat, and not in a good way.

There are 3,420 minutes in a regulation premier league season, with an additional 6 on average in stoppage time, so a total of 3,648 minutes (roughly) on offer for every player. In the last FIVE YEARS Joe Cole has managed 3,629 minutes total

a stat hampered by fact he was on loan for a full season at Lille and wasn't wanted by Rodgers

Edited by Zatman

Looking forward to seeing if he's still got it in the locker this season.

Every 3 points counts as the margins in the lower half of the table are so slender. If Joe can help us to just even 2 or 3 more victories then it's money well spent. 

• Like 1

I'm just not excited by this transfer one bit and I feel as though he is best used as a super sub but I imagine that will mean massive wages for a sub and he won't be happy in that role. Similar to how I veiw Agbonlahor. Hoping he proves me wrong obviously but has a black mark as a sick note who hasn't done anything impressive for a very long time by footballing standards.

a stat hampered by fact he was on loan for a full season at Lille and wasn't wanted by Rodgers

He started pretty much every game for Lille too.

And the Lille fans loved him.

I'm just not excited by this transfer one bit and I feel as though he is best used as a super sub but I imagine that will mean massive wages for a sub and he won't be happy in that role. Similar to how I veiw Agbonlahor. Hoping he proves me wrong obviously but has a black mark as a sick note who hasn't done anything impressive for a very long time by footballing standards.

Trent has said that, whilst not exactly 'pay as you play', if he doesn't get much game time it won't cost us an awful lot.

Doesn't sound like he's here for the money. 

Speaking of Lille, wish we could stump up the money for Salomon Kalou

I don't.

Guessing you don't follow Ligue 1 then?

Yeah, the quality is terrible. Gervinho and Chamakh looked like world beaters last time I followed it.

Â