Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Seems a reasonable enough comment. Instead of throwing abuse, could someone explain why it is not intelligent?

So 'Yawn' is intelligent now? I know the standard on VT has dropped over the years but 'Yawn'?

I think I found the point you were making in the Westwood thread. At least I know what you were referring to now, not sure why you made that point with me though.

But, seeing as you did mention it to me:

Lambert is the best manager we could get at this point. Makes zero sense to get rid and replace.

Yawn!!

• Like 1

"Football pundit Eamon Dunphy has urged Ireland manager Martin O'Neill to get to grips with his assistant Roy Keane or results will suffer."

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/the-roy-keane-show-is-out-of-control-and-its-a-circus-eamon-dunphy-30752504.html

Dunphy is literally the most clueless pundit in Irish media and that's saying something. His rants are entertaining but never of any substance. He's unbelievably biased in this debate anyway so his opinion is even more worthless.

Well in the clip in that link, the entire Irish sporting press contingent appear to be having a go at MON, asking him to comment on the media row that Keane sparked with Everton, so maybe it's not just the allegedly clueless Dunphy who is on to this. It also seems from MON's expression and answers it is just dawning on him that Keane may just be a touchette of a liability if he's allowed out on his own to press conferences. ("It is not my job to follow Roy Keane around"!)

Eamon Dunphy has for years clained that Ronaldo was a nothing player, a show pony. His opinion as entertaining as it is cant be taken too serious

One of the pundits on setanta said that MON got Keane to do the press conference after the Scotland game to cause a bit of controversy and take some of the headlines away from how terrible Ireland played in the match.  Sounds fairly spot on to me. 

Seems a reasonable enough comment. Instead of throwing abuse, could someone explain why it is not intelligent?

So 'Yawn' is intelligent now? I know the standard on VT has dropped over the years but 'Yawn'?

The standard on VT certainly has dropped! I was speaking up in your favour, dolthead!!!  :)

I was criticising people who just say "yawn" in response to what seemed a reasonable point (i.e. yours).

However, since you just had a go at me*, I withdraw my support. You're on your own now.  :( 

(*and also since Stevo985, Villatalk archivist supremo, has uncovered evidence of you using the same tactic in an earlier discussion)

Edited by briny_ear

Apparently the ROI players really love working with him. Anyone heard anything about the Villa players take on him? 

Yup, Joe Cole thinks he's doing a top job: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/roy-keane-has-brought-something-special-to-aston-villa-joe-cole-30597668.html

I think the kindest thing to say is that was first impressions, back in the honey days of September when people were opening up threads about how we would win the league.

It predates the run in which we took 1 point out of 21 and scored 1 goal in 7 games.

Would be interested to know if any of the players would go public now suggesting Keane has brought something "special" to the club.

Edited by briny_ear

I do apologise for the nature of my reply, it was literally the 6th topic I had read in a row that was spouting the usual negative, moaning for moaning sake. Again, I apologise.

Out of all those who actually attend matches, how many have anything good to say? It has been crap.

Was only ever a short term measure, but what is important now is getting someone in who will give us stability and not draw the limelight. I think it's less about juggling two roles and more about not having a clue what to do to stop our poor form.

And some bloody attacking flair

Meh. He was either going to be first team manager or have left before the season is out.  I presume he had one eye on Lambert's job, he hasn't got it so he's out of here.   I don't think his departure will have a big impact on the club, he was hardly the most committed employee was he? 

• Like 1

BBC News' holding page

Roy Keane: Aston Villa assistant manager leaves role

Assistant manager Roy Keane has left Aston Villa with immediate effect.

He has relinquished the role after struggling to combine it with a similar position he holds with the Republic of Ireland.

The 43-year-old only became Paul Lambert's number two in July.

More to follow.

Edited by Chewie

Â