Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Starting to think this guy might be more trouble than he's worth.

Keano has a massive drive to win and succeed. You get a real feel for it if you read his latest book.

Villa need that more than anything at the mo. I can't think of anything worse than losing such a strong and influencial figure at a time like this.

I'd put money on his direct influence over the Spurs and Hammers games - ok the result weren't great, but the players look like they had drive, rather than just giving up at the first hurdle.

"Football pundit Eamon Dunphy has urged Ireland manager Martin O'Neill to get to grips with his assistant Roy Keane or results will suffer."

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/the-roy-keane-show-is-out-of-control-and-its-a-circus-eamon-dunphy-30752504.html

Dunphy is literally the most clueless pundit in Irish media and that's saying something. His rants are entertaining but never of any substance. He's unbelievably biased in this debate anyway so his opinion is even more worthless.

Keano has a massive drive to win and succeed. You get a real feel for it if you read his latest book.

Villa need that more than anything at the mo. I can't think of anything worse than losing such a strong and influencial figure at a time like this.

I'd put money on his direct influence over the Spurs and Hammers games - ok the result weren't great, but the players look like they had drive, rather than just giving up at the first hurdle.

And what about the other games? Does he not have a direct influence on them?

If not, then I really don't want him here as I want an assistant manager who is interested 100% of the time.

If yes then he's contributed to more bad results than good.

I really don't see the positives in publicly speaking negatively about a players family member, not do I see the positives of say he'd sack villa off if the Ireland results started to go bad.

I like keane, think he's entertaining on tv, but he's well known for being disruptive.

If not, then I really don't want him here as I want an assistant manager who is interested 100% of the time.

I really don't see the positives in publicly speaking negatively about a players family member, not do I see the positives of say he'd sack villa off if the Ireland results started to go bad.

I like keane, think he's entertaining on tv, but he's well known for being disruptive.

Well yeah, he definitely had an influence over the other games - the undefeated streak at the beginning was definitely "The Keane Effect." I was using the last 2 games as an example of the bad times... and fighting through them rather than giving up.

Well yeah, he definitely had an influence over the other games - the undefeated streak at the beginning was definitely "The Keane Effect." I was using the last 2 games as an example of the bad times... and fighting through them rather than giving up.

But where was this influence in the woeful run without barely a shot at goal?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that Roy keane is influential, just that I find it odd, you've highlighted positive results as a marker for Keane's influence and kind of overlooked the dreadful form that has dominated the season, which takes me back to the point that I don't want an assistant who is only influential in parts of the season.

Almost like:

The good results are because of keane.

The bad results are because of lambert.

"Football pundit Eamon Dunphy has urged Ireland manager Martin O'Neill to get to grips with his assistant Roy Keane or results will suffer."

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/the-roy-keane-show-is-out-of-control-and-its-a-circus-eamon-dunphy-30752504.html

Dunphy is literally the most clueless pundit in Irish media and that's saying something. His rants are entertaining but never of any substance. He's unbelievably biased in this debate anyway so his opinion is even more worthless.

Well in the clip in that link, the entire Irish sporting press contingent appear to be having a go at MON, asking him to comment on the media row that Keane sparked with Everton, so maybe it's not just the allegedly clueless Dunphy who is on to this. It also seems from MON's expression and answers it is just dawning on him that Keane may just be a touchette of a liability if he's allowed out on his own to press conferences. ("It is not my job to follow Roy Keane around"!)

What I can't understand about Lambert appointing Keane is after sacking his two best mates for alleged bullying incidents did he go and bring in one of the games most nasty and vindictive players of the past 20 years? Was it that Culverhouse's bullying not up to scratch?

What I can't understand about Lambert appointing Keane is after sacking his two best mates for alleged bullying incidents did he go and bring in one of the games most nasty and vindictive players of the past 20 years? Was it that Culverhouse's bullying not up to scratch?

Yawn.

Yawn.

Double ditto! Will you ever post an intelligent comment?

Ok I'll give a more in-depth response: how do you know he's nasty and vindictive? Because the media makes him look like an evil barsteward at every possible opportunity? Because that's the image he's been charged with?

Keano has a cult image. Everyone thinks he's some sort of maniac and he plays the character very well. Again, referring to his latest book, he talks about today's football not having characters and drama that keep fans entertained. He said today's footballers focus purely on the game and there is no real pre and post match "extras."

"Oh look, Keano's kicking off and being mental again!" Or maybe, as captain, he was defending Neville, who Viera was trying to pick a fight with (we don't see that bit though, eh?). Keano even admitted in that incident that Viera would probably have killed him, but it was his duty to see that Neville wasn't bullied by a much bigger bloke.

So yeah, Keano may flip his lid sometimes, but it's only because 1) it's his character and 2) he gives a damn.

Try telling me this guy isn't a good bloke to have at Villa:

To me, Keano is akin to a Sergeant Major. Yes you may think he's a right c*** but he's only shouting at you because he wants you to do well!

Don't believe the media BS! B)

Well he tried to break Haaglands leg as revenge for a comment he made and tried the same with Southgate?

If trying to intentionally physically injure a fellow professional is not nasty and vindictive then I don't know what is? 

We are talking about ending peoples careers! Disgusting!

Well his winning mentallity has really rubbed off so far we are having a super season!

Well he tried to break Haaglands leg as revenge for a comment he made and tried the same with Southgate?

If trying to intentionally physically injure a fellow professional is not nasty and vindictive then I don't know what is? 

Well his winning mentallity has really rubbed off so far we are having a super season!

Whilst I am not condoning his actions, Haaland stood over him shouting abuse at him like the big man while Keane was on the floor with his career in the balance, Southgate again, came in super late for a challenge so don't expect any kind of come back.

Both of them had the balls to give it out, so expect retribution.

This isn't the playground, they are grown men, you give and you take.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Whilst I am not condoning his actions, Haaland stood over him shouting abuse at him like the big man while Keane was on the floor with his career in the balance, Southgate again, came in super late for a challenge so don't expect any kind of come back.

Both of them had the balls to give it out, so expect retribution.

This isn't the playground, they are grown men, you give and you take.

In real life the big man does take it and gets on with things. The big man doesn't run round after some one trying to get them back.

Tackles happen, sometimes they are mis timed but I don't tnink many players want to end a fellow pro's career.

I also realise that this silly hard man act is part of the reason people love to hate him. When he was a pundit most of the viewers were praying for him to punch Adrian Chiles because we all wanted to. He does what he does to sell his books etc.

Is he a good coach? Never heard him called that and that's what we need right now!

Â