New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I now think I like both options and would be pleased with either one. Both 100 percent better than current.

Slight lean towards the Shield as it's unique.

Yep, i'm the same, i like both pretty equally.

• Like 1

I voted (here and on the Club Website) for Option 1. I always thought i'd like to see a return to the round badge, but the shield really looks modern, but still has a nod to the past. Also as others have said it's unique.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Unique as in it looks shite. 

Yes, that's exactly the reason i voted for it, and i'm certain also the reason the club selected it.

Option 3 was round with a claret turd and blue background.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It won’t happen, but I wonder what the club will do if there’s an even split in the vote. 

They’d choose the one they want out of the two that suits their needs. The fans are consulted but still at the end of the day it’s their choice after taking in the new regulations.  If the vote is equal they’ve done their job and then just pick the one that suits them.  It’s only if the vote is overwhelming one way and they want to go the other way would they hit a brick wall.

Edited by nick76

On 05/11/2022 at 10:51, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

Obsessed with this option. Why is the lion blue 😭 

I’ve kind of accepted it will be the round badge but I really want the shield so I’ve tinkered a bit more to add a bit more interest as it is a bit basic. I’d already added a claret pin stripe through the middle of the blue outline and that definitely improved it so I’ve also added darker claret pinstriping into the main body of the badge. Kind of a nod to the 90s stripes badge without being outdated. Imo it drastically makes it more interesting and a bit more regal/traditional yet still moving into a modern era. I’m determined to make this shield design work lol. What do you guys think? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ingram85

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve kind of accepted it will be the round badge but I really want the shield so I’ve tinkered a bit more to add a bit more interest as it is a bit basic. I’d already added a claret pin stripe through the middle of the blue outline and that definitely improved it so I’ve also added darker claret pinstriping into the main body of the badge. Kind of a nod to the 90s stripes badge without being outdated. Imo it drastically makes it more interesting and a bit more regal/traditional yet still moving into a modern era. I’m determined to make this shield design work lol. What do you guys think? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I agree that's a notable improvement. Yellow one especially. 

That's not being offered though so I'll be going for the round one. 

On 05/11/2022 at 17:01, nick76 said:

That little star makes it unbalanced? Maybe having 3 legs one side and only a tail the other side, makes it unbalanced, maybe we should try and make it two legs on each side and the lion has two tails?  What about the writing, is it top heavy with the name over the top part at 10 letters but the bottom has just 4 numbers and smaller font? I don’t get the unbalanced argument, there are more other issues of unbalance than the little star being there.  It looks great with the star and the star actually means something, it means something we should be proud of and like other clubs want people to know….

Yes, there are other aspects of it that I quibble with, such as the lion and the font, but, at this point, the agency isn't realistically going to re-do either of those. I mention the star because (a) I think removing it, or moving it above the badge, improves the composition (we could argue to the ends of the earth about that), (b) it's a small and realistic change that wouldn't require them to overhaul the overall design, and (c) Purslow has already talked with My Old Man Said about placing the star above badge, rather than inside it, and said it's something they'd be fine with.

If you think it looks great with the star inside the badge, that's fine, and it's very likely we're going to end up with it. Honestly, I'd be pleased with the badge either way but thought I'd chip in with my thoughts on it anyway.

I can't say I understand your bizarre idea that fans who want it moved above the badge or removed entirely are 'embarrassed' about Villa winning the European Cup. It's just a design preference.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Without question looks better in yellow

On 06/11/2022 at 09:41, nick76 said:

I’m not sure how I feel about these, think I prefer Villa’s round version

Tbf this is better. Wish they would take it back one more time to adapt slightly. 

Something that we've all noticed is that the lion in the round badge is smaller and had less detail.

Looking at the video, it does seem they revert to the more detailed lion when size allows. The first image of the round badge has part of the detailed lion.

Screenshot_20221107-164022_Twitter.jpg

After that it shrinks and the detail disappears.

But then in various other images shown during the round preview it has the fully detailed lion, including the lion on the villa live building. 

Screenshot_20221107-163922_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221107-164031_Twitter.jpg

Suggests it will be used wherever possible even when the circle badge wins.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Argh, Option 1 is growing on me, I like the extra detail on the lion.

Stick that lion in option 2 and that would be perfect for me.

Detail presumably not on option 2 because the lion is too small and detail will get lost.

This was part of my reasoning for voting option 1 (which I prefer either way tbh) but I have noticed just watching the vote video back again that the more detailed lion is being used alongside option 2 in some contexts where it might appear larger (eg. Villa Live wall) and/or without the circle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Would make some lovely dart cabinets.

• Like 1