New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Chelsea fans think were stealing they’re design with the round one, what a bunch of uneducated plastics. It was our badge first!FCC9CDA2-8021-45CC-BA49-A765C45C1F33.thumb.jpeg.b56a9d6be5d2c252780653b6005c5e09.jpeg

They had round in the 50s apparently but it doesn’t really matter as it’s not like round is unique.
For whatever our reasons we appear to be about to change our crest to one that looks a lot like theirs, of course they will comment on it, Villa fans would do the same if situation reversed.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

It’s noticeable that those voting prefer round and those that can’t prefer the shield. I wonder if that’s an age thing of those being able to vote generally being older and going for the nostalgia?

The more I see the circular badge the more I don’t like the idea. The badge itself is fine but this just makes me feel ill:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I couldn’t agree with you more. If the round badge was less used it wouldn’t bother me as much but it’s just so overused.

41 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I wear suits to work.  So do lots of other people.  I still feel smart.  That's how I feel about the prospect of having a round badge in common with lots of other clubs. 

Yep great point. There is surely very few options of where the badge shape would be unique….a shield is heavily used, a round badge is heavily used, without either is heavily used…I don’t see what is going to be so unique to make a difference and neither of the options is unique to argue they are differences between the two.  This is just down to which you prefer.

• Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

So says it’s hastily cobbled together and then compliments the features?

Hey I’m an ugly mug but have a lovely personality so sometimes gold in the least expected places.  I’m actually a dickhead but you get my analogy 😂

• Haha 1

I don't know why people are drawing up/editing a new badge, it isn't going to make a difference, it'll be one or the other. 

I like them both, they're way better than the current one. Number 1 is starting to grow more on me. 

• Like 1

Just now, villarule123 said:

I don't know why people are drawing up/editing a new badge, it isn't going to make a difference, it'll be one or the other. 

Boredom probably, we haven’t got a poor manager to argue over now!

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Tried to get as proper colours as possible. I have to say it does look loads better than the drab dark original.

This looks so much better with the colours corrected. At this stage of the process it's unforgivable to see the finalised colours that far out. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

If the gas-lamp one had this colourway, I'd be more inclined towards it.  As they stand, #2's the clear winner for me.

I can't vote though, so bloody stuff the lot of you if we wind up with #1.

I guess that would have been high up in their designs as well but would be to similar to West ham's colour arrangement. 

People keep mentioning historical in reference to the round badge. In fact, Villa historically, used the shield. The round badge is the more modern in terms of our history. My own preference is the round badge. But then I’ve been a supporter since the sixties, and I tend to associate that badge with some truly great memories. 

• Like 1

We could do with a poll on the lion direction as it seems it’s been facing left far more years than it has right. 

Would also be good to gauge if people would like to see some finite tweaks made to the design itself and if so, what they are.

For me the lion isn’t aggressive or ‘heraldic’ enough. I’d like it to have the larger griffinesque claws on it and not look like a lion/bear hybrid. It would be good if it was gold also (does any other club have a gold lion?)

I have to admit I’m not a big fan of the font used either as we could have modernised it a bit, something like the multiple examples of this sort of design would have got my vote hands down. 

We need to try and make out C&B not look like Wet Spams or Burnley’s, something I’m not sure we have succeeded in doing. 
13565D59-A6BE-4692-8A37-AB95CC7D4150.jpeg.abe63ea4a7d7b1929b6e5987d5431bf4.jpeg

1 minute ago, burchy said:

We could do with a poll on the lion direction as it seems it’s been facing left far more years than it has right. 

Would also be good to gauge if people would like to see some finite tweaks made to the design itself and if so, what they are.

For me the lion isn’t aggressive or ‘heraldic’ enough. I’d like it to have the larger griffinesque claws on it and not look like a lion/bear hybrid. It would be good if it was gold also (does any other club have a gold lion?)

I have to admit I’m not a big fan of the font used either as we could have modernised it a bit, something like the multiple examples of this sort of design would have got my vote hands down. 

We need to try and make out C&B not look like Wet Spams or Burnley’s, something I’m not sure we have succeeded in doing. 
13565D59-A6BE-4692-8A37-AB95CC7D4150.jpeg.abe63ea4a7d7b1929b6e5987d5431bf4.jpeg

Lion is good, don't like the type, it's a bit too blue and the colour of the claret is off, too cold.