Crystal Palace

I think it's a harsh decision.

Poor run but not like they've even been losing that many games in it.

They had some lax transfer windows and surprise surprise you don't strengthen in key areas and look worse although they haven't had drop in league position West Ham and Wolves had had.

They'll stay up comfortably so getting Hodgson or Big Sam back makes no sense whatsoever to me. Jesse Marsch linked, that's probably a decent job for him to go back into.

• Like 1

Bit of a trend developing with ex-pros and management, especially the crop from the early 2000s that are now stepping into top jobs without much dress rehearsal. 

A big ego and a 'name' may have worked 20 years ago, but like Roy Keane, I think these blokes go into clubs, expecting everyone to be able to emulate what they did and have no idea how to actually 'coach' and 'train' players to become better. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bit of a trend developing with ex-pros and management, especially the crop from the early 2000s that are now stepping into top jobs without much dress rehearsal. 

A big ego and a 'name' may have worked 20 years ago, but like Roy Keane, I think these blokes go into clubs, expecting everyone to be able to emulate what they did and have no idea how to actually 'coach' and 'train' players to become better. 

To be fair. He started in the Man City youth system, got a job in the MLS and Nice. But naturally hit his ceiling. I don’t think he’s on par of doing a Gerrard and taking the easy route with the Scottish league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not sure how much better Palace can do with the set up they have tbh.

Worth looking back to this time last year......didn't Brighton lose six straight games. Yet not question at all of sacking Potter. They picked up again in last 5-6, started this season very well and now have kicked on under another manager.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's a harsh decision.

Poor run but not like they've even been losing that many games in it.

They had some lax transfer windows and surprise surprise you don't strengthen in key areas and look worse although they haven't had drop in league position West Ham and Wolves had had.

They'll stay up comfortably so getting Hodgson or Big Sam back makes no sense whatsoever to me. Jesse Marsch linked, that's probably a decent job for him to go back into.

For me, it's not the results - as you say, quite a few draws and they've been playing tough teams - but no shot on target in 4 games tells the story of dire football to watch. Them at home was the easiest game we'll have all season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

It's the same for most managers.  2-3 years tops at most clubs before you get sacked off.

Can't but help feel Palace mroe likely go down now than if they'd have kept Viera, they probably will still survive but with Viera seemed almost guaranteed, only reason they've been on such a bad run is because they've just played all the division's better and most in form teams, previous to that against the bottom half teams they've been very good and still have to play every team below them in the league plus Fulham, so I think would have stayed up comfortably, didn't need to sack Viera to bring in a firefight like Hodgson, unless there was something else going on behind the scenes with Viera and Hodgson just a stop gap until the nd of the season.

• Like 3

Â