Crystal Palace

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Rediculous sacking. They have a good run of fixtures after this weekend. If Hodgson is rehired its an absolute joke. The Watford job didnt exactly work out and hes too old now! It would be like us bringing back Ron Atkinson. 

Why is it ridiculous? Crap manager was crap, they didnt have a shot on target for 4 games

Lambert had more talent

Another club seemingly sacking their manager without a clear contingency plan in place. Massive risk with so few games left in the season. Appointing the assistant or U21 coach rarely works out in such a competitive league so they need to get their next man sorted ASAP. Can’t imagine they will attract any one with prospects or currently in job to take on this sh*t sandwich, so probably a job for one of the professional out of work fire fighters. Likely Hodgson, but I can also see big fat Sam being summoned from his cave.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

That's them going down then.

I think they'll be fine but does mean they will be looking again in the summer. They sacked Viera with out a plan in place which isn't a good way to run a club

14 minutes ago, picicata said:

I think they'll be fine but does mean they will be looking again in the summer. They sacked Viera with out a plan in place which isn't a good way to run a club

so many teams do it and it beggers belief. how long were we without a manager for each time? since RDM got sacked i feel it's no more than a week each time. i know we had mcdonald in charge for at least 1 game after bruce, but i can't remember a caretaker being in charge for any games between deano and gerrard? in fact the gerrard to emery move was probably the longest and that was mainly just to sort out emerys work permit

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so many teams do it and it beggers belief. how long were we without a manager for each time? since RDM got sacked i feel it's no more than a week each time. i know we had mcdonald in charge for at least 1 game after bruce, but i can't remember a caretaker being in charge for any games between deano and gerrard? in fact the gerrard to emery move was probably the longest and that was mainly just to sort out emerys work permit

I am sure Smith was sacked on an international break

• Like 1

Modern football is a farce. It's alright: they will re-hire Viera when Roy fails to make the Championship playoffs next season. Roy will return once more as Viera struggles to retain Palace's Premier League status. The cycle will go on forever. 

Why not just save the anguish and give them both six month contracts each year? It'd be like working on an oil rig: six months on, six months off. 

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So Hodgson had a really nice send-off the first time at Palace- only to ruin it by going to Watford and returning to Palace. Some people just don't know when to quit.

Maybe his wife is enjoying his retirement less than she anticipated. 

Should make them solid enough to keep them up.

Anything that helps relegate Leeds Everton Wolverhampton or West ham is good with me.

Edited by Nigel

Â