Crystal Palace

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd be very surprised if Mateta went to PSG, he's like the player version of them as a team, has had a very good end to the season but previous to that was very average, in his previous three Premier League seasons has scored two, five, and one, goals, even this season he had only scored two league goals in Palace's first nineteen games up until late January, and then had a late flurry, if he gets move to a move to PSG from it then an expression of admiration to him for his achievement and Palace for that matter if they get a big fee

I don't know anything about Glasner, so not saying he isn't or won't become a very good manager, but I suspect he's not on the same level as Emery yet, and won't have the level of resources that Emery has had at Villa, so I don't think the expectation should even be for them to do anything like what Emey has achieved anyway

This season is only the second time they finished top half in Premier League history, so that's a nice start Glasner I had more to say but decided to quit writing

I wasn’t saying that Glasner is as good as Emery, only that’s he’s had a similar impact to Palace as Emery had with us when he first came in. A good coach makes a huge difference.

You’ve kind of proved my point, these players were performing pretty average before Glasner, and now he has them playing as good as they probably have their whole Careers.

You rather make my point for me, it's over a very short spell of games, lots of midtable teams go on such runs, and every time we get the predictions that they're going to do this and that, and it rarely ever comes true. The same happens in the opposite direction, a team goes on a losing run of four or five games and suddenly they're doomed and written off. I wish Glasner and Palace good luck, but will see how they do over a longer period and against teams who aren't winding down for the season

When did Palace last finish top half in the top division? Early 80s? Like us they've had their best league season for decades.

Very funny season considering how toxic it was getting under Hodgson and relegation looked a serious possibility in March.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

When did Palace last finish top half in the top division? Early 80s? Like us they've had their best league season for decades.

Very funny season considering how toxic it was getting under Hodgson and relegation looked a serious possibility in March.

They finished 10th in 2014-15.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oliseh and Mateta both in the French Olympic squad. Tournament ends a week before the PL starts.

Â