Crystal Palace

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

To be honest after Hodgson left we were all saying that preseason they looked in big trouble as only had like 15 players. They've done very well to stay comfortably in the league since. Missing gallagher though

Yup, a lot of people seem to have forgotten this. 

I was expecting them to really struggle and was suprised at how well they initially did under Viara. But the wheels have totally come off lately.  Without Saha they're toast. 

Second tier is their natural level really.  They've spent less years top flight than The Noses.  Or at least had, maybe this latest run has pushed them ahead. 

I wont weep if they go down. Quite awful ground and one of a number of small London teams who get success simply because they're in London and no other reason at the expense of far bigger Northern teams. 

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

selected remaining opponents:

Home: Leicester, everton, west ham, bournemouth, forest

away: leeds, southampton, wolves

4 wins from that would keep them up, which they'll do comfortably...they've had a horrible run of games lately so these recent results were always expected (or should've been anyway)

They have had an awful run of games to be fair. Us in 11th are the lowest team in the league they’ve played since the turn of the year. Had some decent draws against Man United, Newcastle, Brentford, Brighton and Liverpool and then a load of losses to teams you’d expect them to lose to. Also had no Zaha or an unfit Zaha for a lot of that run.

Arsenal, Spurs and Fulham the only teams they have left to play who are above them in the table. I think they’ll be fine and would have been fine if Vieira had stayed to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I think they’ll be fine and would have been fine if Vieira had stayed to be honest.

and it sounds like that's the general feeling amongst the fanbase in addition to rightly being pissed off that the money they've spent on sacking vieira and his staff plus appointing a replacement could've been spent on a signing or 2 in jan

12 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bit of a trend developing with ex-pros and management, especially the crop from the early 2000s that are now stepping into top jobs without much dress rehearsal. 

I think that’s a bit harsh on Viera, he didn’t just walk into a top job. He has been managing for 10 years. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's a harsh decision.

Poor run but not like they've even been losing that many games in it.

They had some lax transfer windows and surprise surprise you don't strengthen in key areas and look worse although they haven't had drop in league position West Ham and Wolves had had.

They'll stay up comfortably so getting Hodgson or Big Sam back makes no sense whatsoever to me. Jesse Marsch linked, that's probably a decent job for him to go back into.

Not really he is a bad manager. He had no right to get a Premier League job except he was a good player before

13 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Please Roy don't do it. Enjoy your retirement.

He must hate his wife is he is thinking of going back into management at 75! 

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not long term but Hodgson is miles better than Vieira

Really though? At 75?

Vieira uninspired appointment , had done nothing of note to get that job, maybe even under achieved but saying that he took over an old , depleted stale squad we all said needed major surgery and would go down Villa style.

He did a good job. They've been absolutely woeful but so is their squad. Sacking him for this Roy. Not 2010 Roy and 2015 Roy but this guy is pointless and maybe even a backwards step.

Rediculous sacking. They have a good run of fixtures after this weekend. If Hodgson is rehired its an absolute joke. The Watford job didnt exactly work out and hes too old now! It would be like us bringing back Ron Atkinson. 

Lack of spending shows an overall lack of ambition. They are at best probably the 5th biggest club in London. They haven't spent much recently and all of the talk of a long overdue redevelopment of selhurst park has gone very quiet. Teams like Brentford and Fulham have leapfrogged them.

This is long overdue karma for replacing their original claret and blue shirts in pretending to be Barcelona and all of this eagles nonsense. 

They wanted rid of Viera due to lax match preparation, also they are getting shaun derry back on board as he was dismissed by viera for giving the players a hard time after one of their defeats but never had his contract cancelled with the club. Reckon they would have been fine with Viera in the manmagers job still, but woy will slot in comfortably and they will probably finish 12th still.

Â