$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

First signing we should make if we get a new owner who is going to spend a lot is Richards from Man City.

id like him here too but for me he sums up everything thats wrong with the prem and why were are where we are, decent player, better players abroad if we did the scouting, he'd want say £40-60k a week with very little to suggest he's worth it, we'd need a deal that was right for us

i dont want this shoe string budget bullshit to continue but i dont want the recklessness back either

This would be as reckless as buying James Milner from Newcastle again guaranteed success and double your money if reselling.

Not really mate. Micah Richards seems to be an extremely injury prone player.

Due to injuries and squad rotation, in the last 4 years at the club he has only managed an average of 13 appearances a season.

I'd doubt we'd go for him anyway, the new manager will probably have someone in mind, preferably a player who could support the attack as well as defend.

I dont think I would want Richards. 

Capello has said in the past that he doesnt follow instructions very well, or hold his postion.  To ready to rush in.

It will be another Ireland situation where we are remembering his good performances 6 years ago rather than how is is now.

On the subject of Villa in America.

Early 1992 I was living near Atlanta and I had the white Umbro away kit on and a guy came up to me in a mall askign abotu Villa.  Turned out he knew Dave Richardson who I think was in charge of our youth policy back then.

Later on I was at Univ of Miami when UB40 played.  Knowing the cambell brothers are kncukle dragging blue noses I wore my Villa Shirt.  A shout went out of Villa and there was a pocket of Villa fans there.  In fact they picked me up on the League Cup Final 1994 and took me off to a Pub to watch the game.

You also have to remember that in th 1960s a lot of old Villa boys were instrumental in shaping US 'Soccer' and the old MLS.

You also have to remember that in th 1960s a lot of old Villa boys were instrumental in shaping US 'Soccer' and the old MLS.

Most notably Phil Woosnam (who spent most of his US time in Atlanta).

MLS will cash in big with the next TV contract in the next couple of years. You've got four or five major sports broadcasters (depending on whether you count CBS and Turner as one or two) and there aren't many rights coming up in the next couple of years: it's NBA, Big Ten, MLS, and then the Premier League in 2016 (Fox's UEFA rights also come up, but the only way UEFA becomes a player is if they move to the weekend). I would expect a doubling or tripling of MLS rights, especially if MLS doesn't go to a full August-May schedule. On a per club basis, MLS will probably have the sixth best TV money of any league in the world.

One pattern that seems to be setting in is that MLS is taking the western 2 timezones and the PL the east. NBC is covering the PL like it's a real sport and that includes not rerunning games except late at night (and having the graphic in the corner updating scores from other games). However, this makes it really hard to be a PL fan on the west coast. 10am on Saturday is a decent sports watching time. 7am only gets you die-hards.

2am matches. us Aussies have done it tough this season.

If that means you have missed villa games this season then I'd say you're the lucky ones.

only missed 1 personally. was a 4am game.

• Like 3

2am matches. us Aussies have done it tough this season.

If that means you have missed villa games this season then I'd say you're the lucky ones.
only missed 1 personally. was a 4am game.
In that case having to suffer Villa this season and watch them at 2am. I feel for you mate. Edited by Amo69
  • Like 1

Does anyone think that all the rumours of a takeover started by the TBAR site have only fuelled the negativity surrounding the club following the last 2 results? It feels like there was a glimmer of hope which seems to have been snatched away and all we are left with is the reality of how bad we are and the fact we are surviving by the skin of our teeth.

If the rumours turn out to be lies I hope that site is boycotted and fails miserably. Very bad methods of messing with fellow villa fans to increase traffic.

If they turn out to be true then fair play to them.

• Like 2

So is there any solid evidence that Lerner is trying/in the process of selling? Obviously I know there are rumours but is there one iota of actual evidence?

Well him coming out and not denying it whilst acknowledging the rumours is probably is what is fuelling this rumour on IMO.

Edited by Jay.P.A

I was already pretty convinced that Lerner would be selling up this summer before I'd even heard of TBAR whilst still being aware that it might not happen.  I think Randy's statement added the most fuel to the fire.

So is there any solid evidence that Lerner is trying/in the process of selling? Obviously I know there are rumours but is there one iota of actual evidence?

Well him coming out and not denying it whilst acknowledging the rumours is probably is what is fuelling this rumour on IMO.

And that the rumours were big enough to prompt proper articles on actual news sites.

It's not just gossip column stuff from the BBC or The Sun.

These were articles in the Independent and the Guardian.

It's nothing concrete, obviously. But it lends a certain credibility to the rumours. it's not JUST whispers.

That coupled with Lerner's non-denial do point to the story having some substance

Possibly, it would have made more sense to leak all this ITK info when we were safe but hey had their own motives there. Although it would be incredibly harsh to lay any of the blame for where we are on their door tbh.

I'm not suggesting they have anything to do with the clubs current demise it just seems like bad practise and morally wrong to play on fans emotions to improve the popularity of a website. I have been on the site and now that they have a large number of new people joining they are now starting to reduce the ITK posts and talk about how their site has no arguments, or petulant point scoring like other sites.

I know it's only football and we shouldn't take all this ITK stuff seriously. But end of the day it means a lot to people and they have really played on that.

• Like 1

Possibly, it would have made more sense to leak all this ITK info when we were safe but hey had their own motives there. Although it would be incredibly harsh to lay any of the blame for where we are on their door tbh.

I'm not suggesting they have anything to do with the clubs current demise it just seems like bad practise and morally wrong to play on fans emotions to improve the popularity of a website. I have been on the site and now that they have a large number of new people joining they are now starting to reduce the ITK posts and talk about how their site has no arguments, or petulant point scoring like other sites.

I know it's only football and we shouldn't take all this ITK stuff seriously. But end of the day it means a lot to people and they have really played on that.

I definitely agree, the second sentence was just a thought of mine, not accusing anyone of it. I think if they could go back and and wait to release the info they probably would.