$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Sounds to me he put a deadline on striking a deal before he gave PL a kitty to spend. That deadline has passed and he will now release the kitty as he knows if he leaves it to late he runs the risk of no buyer and no new players before the season starts and that hampers his sale plans even more.

It also sound a like he is still in discussions with at least one buyer, possibly more.

He quite strongly states that he won't make another announcement until the sale is done, which makes me believe the talks he has had or is having are going well and he believes a sale will happen sooner rather than later. If there were no discussions going on I don't think he'd state this.

All in all I think it's a very positive statement.

• Like 2

Reading it again it sounds pretty positive to me and that we could be sold at any minute.

Yeah I think it's a case of him just lowering our expectations before the big announcement next week.
What big announcement? Sorry, I don't come in on-topic during the summer anymore.

Basically he's been deliberately ambiguous to further torment the users of this message board.  It could be interpreted in a number of ways and will do nothing to calm wild speculation.

• Like 1

"Lerner's too quiet. Worst owner ever."

"(Lerner publishes clarifying statement on ongoing sale). Wrong type of message! Worst owner ever."

I've read a lot more valid reasons why Lerner is a poor owner.

So what's the goss babes will we have money to spend soon or what?

We think so.

Lerner released a statement today, basically saying "No sale yet, but I'm committed to the football club still, and preparations for next season".

If we were going to continue signing freebies, you'd imagine the statement wouldn't have contained the parts about preparing for next season.

Basically he's been deliberately ambiguous to further torment the users of this message board.  It could be interpreted in a number of ways and will do nothing to calm wild speculat

confirmed Lerner is a werewolf

is that wild enough

He's hardly going to come out saying no one has been interested. Making this statement about now focusing on the season to me says we're nowhere near a new buyer.

It's like selling a house, you could have 10 viewings a day & for three years a no one make an offer.

Well, there goes my "we're already secretly sold" theory.

I'm changing to my "we'll NEVER be sold and will be playing in schoolboy league in 2 years."

I figure if it get's shattered within days, like my last theory, we're in good shape.

Basically he's been deliberately ambiguous to further torment the users of this message board.  It could be interpreted in a number of ways and will do nothing to calm wild speculat

confirmed Lerner is a werewolf

is that wild enough

There's about as many clues to that in his statement as there is about anything else.

I wonder who writes his statements?

They always come across as rather odd, stilted and folksy in style.

And, for me, this statement and the last one speak of a massive emotional detachment from Villa - as if owning us is a burden.

I feel that it is time now to turn my full attention back to Villa matters at hand.

You poor thing. It must be terribly wearisome for you.

By the way I don't think this latest statement about the Aston Villa takeover means Lambert will suddenly be getting money to spend, I things are just as they were in that regard. As I said I think it's main purpose is just put us in a more stable light and take some of the  focus of Randy being a want away chairman.

• Like 1

Basically saying nothing is close at all.

Surprise that aye.

Another awkward moment for people on various sites making various claims in relation to our sale.

As I've said throughout this since the first two statements, we will start the season under Lerner's ownership and more than likely end the calendar year the same way.

But you're not really saying anything. Actually your stance is the easiest to take (it's risk free). It doesn't mean you know anymore about this process than the rest of us.

I am aware you are party to some information from within the club, but i doubt that you have any more firm knowledge of the position with regard to the takeover than any of the other ITK (self proclaimed or not), I would say if you have definitive knowledge then please state it, if you don't then  your self indulgent posts achieve nothing other than a shout of "look at me, i'm right TBAR are wrong". Frankly i thought Villatalk was above all that.

Anyway regarding the statement, it doesn't really say anything, and if your opinion of no-sale within this year is reinforced by it i don't really understand how it can be ? The more positive amongst us might think it hints that there have been several interested parties nd talks are ongoing............just saying.

• Like 1

For such a "clear" statement that people have said really clarifies it for them there seems to be different interpretations by people on this site!  People seem to be reading all sorts into it.

As I said if you wanted to add clarity Lerner it is an epic fail

Not the statement I wanted to hear but at least he has communicated to the fans that he is still focused on Villa. What that actually means only time will tell but I honestly didn't think we would hear from him again until a sale was done.

Hopefully the club can some how convince Delph and in particular Vlaar to sign new contracts.

I wonder who writes his statements?

They always come across as rather odd, stilted and folksy in style.

And, for me, this statement and the last one speak of a massive emotional detachment from Villa - as if owning us is a burden.

I feel that it is time now to turn my full attention back to Villa matters at hand.

You poor thing. It must be terribly wearisome for you.

How else should he have worded that then?

Seems like nitpicking to me.

For such a "clear" statement that people have said really clarifies it for them there seems to be different interpretations by people on this site!  People seem to be reading all sorts into it.

As I said if you wanted to add clarity Lerner it is an epic fail

Literally the only two statements that wouldn't be interpreted in a number of different ways would be "the club is no longer for sale" or "the club has been sold".

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Basically saying nothing is close at all.

Surprise that aye.

Another awkward moment for people on various sites making various claims in relation to our sale.

As I've said throughout this since the first two statements, we will start the season under Lerner's ownership and more than likely end the calendar year the same way.

But you're not really saying anything. Actually your stance is the easiest to take (it's risk free). It doesn't mean you know anymore about this process than the rest of us.

I am aware you are party to some information from within the club, but i doubt that you have any more firm knowledge of the position with regard to the takeover than any of the other ITK (self proclaimed or not), I would say if you have definitive knowledge then please state it, if you don't then  your self indulgent posts achieve nothing other than a shout of "look at me, i'm right TBAR are wrong". Frankly i thought Villatalk was above all that.

Anyway regarding the statement, it doesn't really say anything, and if your opinion of no-sale within this year is reinforced by it i don't really understand how it can be ? The more positive amongst us might think it hints that there have been several interested parties nd talks are ongoing............just saying.

I've consistently said the same thing, that the club isn't/wasn't sold and have done so throughout the various claims to the contrary.

There is certainly nothing self indulgent about my posts, you don't see me making grand claims or sticking silly symbols next to my posts so I'm not sure how I'm seeking attention. I've taken a fair bit of abuse in this thread because I've told people what they didn't want to hear rather than what they want to hear, I've simply tried to stop people falling for some of the utter BS out there. But you like everyone else are free to believe what you want.

As for the statement, I didn't say it supported my view we won't be sold this year or that it suggested talks with one or more parties haven't taken place.

• Like 3