$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Telegraph guy on twitter:

https://twitter.com/John__Percy

John Percy @John__Percy  ·  22m

Randy Lerner was at Villa's training ground today for talks with Paul Lambert. Story on @TelegraphSport website later #avfc

At least it got debunked before this thread filled up with 4 more pages of quoting billionaire names. 

They just say he 'could take on a more hands on roles'. So that sounds like a guess to me and the part about a takeover not being close is a Telegraph Sports understands' thing.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10955310/Aston-Villa-in-turmoil-as-Randy-Lerner-flies-in-to-assure-manager-Paul-Lambert-following-shock-departure.html

Randy Lerner has flown in from the United States to thrash out Aston Villa’s strategy for the summer, after the surprise exit of Paul Faulkner, the chief executive.

Lerner met Paul Lambert, the Villa manager, at the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground on Tuesday in a bid to ease the sense of turmoil following another difficult 24 hours.
The Villa owner assured Lambert that it would be business as usual, despite the departure of Faulkner effectively leaving the club rudderless at a time when it is up for sale.
Lerner is also believed to have reassessed this summer's transfer budget and may provide further money to strengthen the squad, though it is unlikely to be more than £15 million on fees and wages.
Lambert has signed only Joe Cole and Phillipe Senderos on free transfers and is determined to bring in more quality as he bids to avoid another season of struggle.

He also wants the contract situations of the Holland international Ron Vlaar, Fabian Delph and Gabriel Agbonlahor sorted swiftly to avoid the prospect of bids from rival clubs.
However, the loss of Lambert's close ally Faulkner will do little to clear the overriding feeling of confusion over the club's future, with Lerner also meeting with players and staff to plead for calm.
While Lambert attempts to bring in new players, Telegraph Sport understands that a takeover is not remotely close and Lerner has been growing increasingly disillusioned at the lack of interest.
American billionaires Josh Harris and David Blitzer had held tentative discussions earlier this year over a potential takeover but have since disappeared.
Keith Harris, the respected investment banker, is assisting Lerner with the sale and is understood to be flying out to the States in a fortnight to try and generate more interest.
Lerner will listen to offers of around £200 million but is almost certain to remain as owner when the new season starts. He could now take on a more hands-on role as a result of Faulkner's exit.
Faulkner will remain as chief executive until he agrees a severance package but is likely to officially leave later this month.
Villa's statement insisted Faulkner will part on good terms but sources suggest his relationship with Lerner had become strained in recent weeks over some decisions made over the club's direction.
"Having discussed his re-engaging with the chairman's broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached," the statement said.
"On the strength of many productive years together, and a longstanding friendship, Paul has parted on good terms. He has offered his support to the Villa organisation to ensure a smooth transition."
Lerner added: "Paul has been fantastic in his role at Villa and more broadly as a colleague over the years. I offer him my deepest thanks."
Racot music collection.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-effectively-rudderless-chief-3830135?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Manager Lambert is left shopping for Bosman bargains and unable to hand new contracts to key players as Paul Faulkner leaves after eight years

Aston Villa's crisis has deepened with their chief executive Paul Faulkner dramatically leaving the club – stunning manager Paul Lambert.

Faulkner is on the FA Board and had been working for owner Randy Lerner since before his buy-out of the club in 2006, but departed when asked to work on other aspects of the billionaire’s business portfolio.

Lerner is desperate to sell the Villans and flew into the UK this week for crunch talks, but has no firm offer despite publicly putting the club up for sale at the end of last season.

The American wants out after ploughing in over £300million in a failed pursuit of Champions League qualification.

It has forced Lambert to rely on cheap Bosman signings this summer such as Joe Cole after US-based Lerner shut his cheque-book.

Now the club is effectively rudderless at the top after Lerner’s loyal long-serving ally and man on the ground walked away.

Faulkner, a Cambridge graduate, cleared his desk at Villa Park on Tuesday and left with immediate effect.

The shock development startled Lambert, who has big headaches anyway trying to make Villa competitive despite his limited spending power.

The club’s takeover limbo means they haven’t tied down Ron Vlaar, Fabian Delph and Gabby Agbonlahor, who all have only 12 months left on their contracts.

Holland international centre-back Vlaar, in particular, is sure to have suitors after impressing at the World Cup.

Hanging onto Vlaar is just one of several huge challenges facing Lerner, Lambert, new assistant manager Roy Keane and Robin Russell, previously Villa's chief financial officer who is now the acting chief exec.

The Midlands side's first pre-season game is next Thursday at Mansfield before a US tour ahead of their opening Premier League game at Stoke on August 16.

Keane is trying to get to know the squad after predecessors Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa were axed from the coaching staff as Villa flirted with relegation again last term.

Karsa was sacked following an investigation into bullying following his behaviour towards various club staff including grounds staff and physios.

It was a nightmare for Lambert, who had worked with the pair at Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich.

Now the Scot has more headaches following the exit of Faulkner, who negotiated player contracts among his many responsibilities.

Off the pitch under 36-year-old Faulkner, Villa have an impressive marketing and commercial set-up.

But it is their woes on the pitch which has lead a weary Lerner to hire Bank of America Merrill Lynch to find a buyer.

Last term, Villa limped to a 15th place for the second successive season, after coming 16th in 2011-12 under unpopular Alex McLeish, who defected across the second city from arch-rivals Birmingham.

Midfielder Marc Albrighton, who quit Villa this summer on a Bosman for newly-promoted Leicester, feels the turnover of bosses has not helped.

He said: “Since I broke through at Aston Villa, I have had five or six different managers.”

Villa’s takeover limbo saw them surprisingly release their talented former England U21 international winger Albrighton, who added: “Nobody said a word to me about contracts. I felt I did well towards the end of the season and gave a good account of myself. I got a couple of man of the match awards and then got put on the bench.”

The squad has been boosted by the return of fit-again Charles N’Zogbia, who missed the whole of last season with a ruptured Achilles, while former outcasts Darren Bent and Alan Hutton have been handed lifelines and are back in the first-team picture.

Aston Villa are a complete joke of a club.

Through my work I know many different fans of different clubs from all over the world and they all view us as bottom-feeders; if I was a fan of any other club i'd look at Villa and think they should get relegated once and for all and disappear.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Read on twitter his plane left for Milan. Anyone know if that's true?

Holiday or business?

Confirmed by The Trees apparently.

Edited by Isa

Holiday or business?

Holiday or business?

Confirmed by him where? Because is the one on Twitter the one that posts on here?