$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Hopefully now people can just concentrate on supporting the club this season. The players are going to need us fans more than ever now no takeover is on the horizon

• Like 2

Basically saying nothing is close at all.

Surprise that aye.

Another awkward moment for people on various sites making various claims in relation to our sale.

As I've said throughout this since the first two statements, we will start the season under Lerner's ownership and more than likely end the calendar year the same way.

Thinking positively I take that to mean that has no sale has been forthcoming , the club will go back to running as normal so new contracts for players and sales above free transfer allowed..

• Like 1

Not sure what the point of that statement was unless he's being harassed a lot. If anything it makes fans more depressed so not much of a PR.

He makes a statement, we automatically thinks he's sold but sadly no. Worse, it hasn't happened yet and now a club he hasn't been interested in that he's now going to focus on until he's sold. Not only that, it's a response to a promise to Lambert....never mind the promise to us about the guardianship of our club, nah just his promise to Lambert. Oh and by the way, stop bothering him as he's not making any more statements until we are sold.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Basically saying nothing is close at all.

Surprise that aye.

Another awkward moment for people on various sites making various claims in relation to our sale.

As I've said throughout this since the first two statements, we will start the season under Lerner's ownership and more than likely end the calendar year the same way.

You want a badge?  ;)

Christ, dry your eyes Nick.

It's just bizarre statement. What did he say that was worth saying? When what he did say is just going to frustrate fans, surely better to say nothing than what he said?
  • Like 1

OK, let's decode.

Message from chairman Randy Lerner.

This statement is intended to provide clarity regarding the status of the sale plea I made in early May.
Over the last eight weeks we conducted a targeted process during which we begged for the sale of the Club.
In advance of this process however, I committed to our Manager to keep expenses at zero for the upcoming season should there be no agreement to sell by the time players and coaches return to training.
Given that no agreement has as of yet been reached, I feel that it is time now to turn my full attention back to the PR department to try increase ticket sales.
While the sale begging has brought no interest and remains ongoing, my priority at this point in the summer, heading into the upcoming season, is that the Villa organisation's sole focus be to lower the wages- undistracted by any sales process.
Reverting to common practice, I do not intend to comment further on a potential sale or related rumours unless and until I have reached a definitive agreement to sell, at which time I will be the happiest custodian in the world.
Randy Lerner, Aston Villa Chairman 

P.S. Please bid anyone? Please

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

I think the reason he has put that statement out is because of how his previous statement read.  It read as if he was gone and he was saying goodbye.  Maybe a sale was close back then, who knows.  Obviously things have not gone well and a sale looks quite a bit away.  Therefore, RL has had to come out and say that his focus is back on Villa for the forthcoming season but we are still for sale. 

Just means talks are on going with parties. Said it's going well which is good.

Means contracts and fees maybe available to get us stronger. Not that in expecting £20m signings.