$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

623 pages later, still no news. I haven't been in this topic for about 3 or 4 weeks yet there has been a huge jump in the amount of pages but no takeover. I can't be bothered to read, so what exactly are you guys talking about?

Next time you have a performance review with your boss, just tell him/her that your performance has been productive and remains ongoing,

Apparently that should be enough to make them happy and think they have been fully informed of the situation.  :) 

It's just a confirmation nothing is imminent. Nothing will happen before the season starts. Unfortunately he doesn't say that he intends to give Lambert funds to survive next season. Had he said that, we'd all be happy.

Well he was never going to say that, no owner would tell you what funds the manager was going to have. 

IMHO he's basically said that his initial timeframe for selling up when all things Villa would be put on hold (other than a few minor or pressing matters) has passed and that now he is going to get back to ensuring the club is run in the normal way and not on hold pending a sale.  Had he sold then all of those decisions would have been for the new buyer but as he hasn't he now has to sanction stuff again or confirm the club's available resources and let the management team do their work. 

To me it lends weight to nothgin being close as if it were i wonder whether he would hold on a bit longer with the current situation.

I expect (or hope) two or three signings to come in but as always, nothing that would set hearts racing.  I think we'll be looking abroad again in the hope of finding a real pearl.

That's my guess

Next time you have a performance review with your boss, just tell him/her that your performance has been productive and remains ongoing,

Apparently that should be enough to make them happy and think they have been fully informed of the situation.  :) 

Apples and Oranges!

It's just a confirmation nothing is imminent. Nothing will happen before the season starts. Unfortunately he doesn't say that he intends to give Lambert funds to survive next season. Had he said that, we'd all be happy.

Well he was never going to say that, no owner would tell you what funds the manager was going to have. 

IMHO he's basically said that his initial timeframe for selling up when all things Villa would be put on hold (other than a few minor or pressing matters) has passed and that now he is going to get back to ensuring the club is run in the normal way and not on hold pending a sale.  Had he sold then all of those decisions would have been for the new buyer but as he hasn't he now has to sanction stuff again or confirm the club's available resources and let the management team do their work. 

To me it lends weight to nothgin being close as if it were i wonder whether he would hold on a bit longer with the current situation.

I expect (or hope) two or three signings to come in but as always, nothing that would set hearts racing.  I think we'll be looking abroad again in the hope of finding a real pearl.

That's my guess

I hope he realises that if we go down then selling will be harder than it is now..................on the other hand he has`nt realised that if we were in the top 6 selling would not be a problem..............Back to square 1.

IMHO he's basically said that his initial timeframe for selling up when all things Villa would be put on hold (other than a few minor or pressing matters) has passed and that now he is going to get back to ensuring the club is run in the normal way and not on hold pending a sale. Had he sold then all of those decisions would have been for the new buyer but as he hasn't he now has to sanction stuff again or confirm the club's available resources and let the management team do their work.

I expect (or hope) two or three signings to come in but as always, nothing that would set hearts racing. I think we'll be looking abroad again in the hope of finding a real pearl.

That's my guess

I hope he realises that if we go down then selling will be harder than it is now..................on the other hand he has`nt realised that if we were in the top 6 selling would not be a problem..............Back to square 1.

Selling for the price he wants will be impossible. But I actually think there would be more potential buyers if we went down but Lerner would have to take a massive loss.

Faulkner Statement

The Club can confirm that Paul Faulkner will step down as Villa Chief Executive.

Prior to his joining Villa, Paul had worked closely with Villa Chairman Randy Lerner in a variety of capacities within his organisation.

Having discussed his re-engaging with the Chairman's broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached.

On the strength of many productive years together, and a longstanding friendship, Paul has parted on good terms.

He has offered his support to the Villa organisation to ensure a smooth transition.

Robin Russell, who was recruited by the Chairman in 2006 to come in as Chief Financial Officer, and with whom he has now worked for more than 20 years, will step in as acting Chief Executive to maintain continuity.

Paul Faulkner said: "I would like to thank Randy Lerner for the opportunity to become involved with Aston Villa and for the relationship we built over years, which pre-dated my time at the Club.

"To the Villa fans, I am grateful for their support over the years, and for their passionate love for and loyalty to this great club, which deserves the very best.

"I would like to make particular reference to the wonderful Villa staff both at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. They are an incredible group of people and it's been a privilege to lead and work with them on a daily basis. Villa is best in class in so many ways off the field and I only hope that success on the pitch follows.

"I feel very humbled to have been able to spend such a long period of time amongst such special people at such a special club and I wish them, Paul Lambert and the squad all the very best for the future as I look to embark on the next stage of my career and a new challenge."

The Villa Chairman also added: "Paul has been fantastic in his role at Villa and more broadly as a colleague over the years. I offer him my deepest thanks."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3973205,00.html

Right. We have a want away owner that can't sell, no chief executive and a manager with no resources. Roll on August, this is going to be a cracking season

Add low season ticket sales and a fan base who have run out of patience with the manager and its not looking too good.

end of the friendship too

I would say so.  The bit about not coming to an agreement on a role in the wider Lerner group strikes me as Lerner saying "you ungrateful ginger bastard!", or as the Human League famously nearly put it:

"You were working as an account manager at a credit card firm, when I met you

I picked you out, I shook you up

And took you to Brum

Sacked Steve Stride and got someone new

Now seven years later you've got the FA at your feet

Success has been so difficult for you

But don't forget it's me who put Villa where they are now

And I can put you back down too"

I'll get me coat.

Randy and "VIP's" at Villa Park and BMH all day today according to poster on TBAR. (PDCLion)

Can't take that place seriously anymore. They tried tricking people before with that Admin/God/Morgan Freeman/Bullshitter.

Not entirely sure what that means. I like my staff to be productive, and I'd like that productivity to remain ongoing. 

Next time you have a performance review with your boss, just tell him/her that your performance has been productive and remains ongoing,

Apparently that should be enough to make them happy and think they have been fully informed of the situation. :)

Not entirely sure what that means. I like my staff to be productive, and I'd like that productivity to remain ongoing.

I think he's making the point that its only words and they mean nothing when its not backed up. Just saying its productive and ongoing doesn't make it so.

I may be wrong though, don't want to talk for someone else.