$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Its all very well people claiming that they've been saying for weeks that we're getting taken over-It was a pretty safe bet that randy was looking for a way out. The problem was finding an interested party & nobody on here ever claimed there was one.

TBAR broke the news that a takeover was IMMINENT. For some reason people elsewhere seem to have taken exception to this.

Time will tell but either way, TBAR were first to claim the takeover was at an advanced stage.

Its all very well people claiming that they've been saying for weeks that we're getting taken over-It was a pretty safe bet that randy was looking for a way out. The problem was finding an interested party & nobody on here ever claimed there was one.

TBAR broke the news that a takeover was IMMINENT. For some reason people elsewhere seem to have taken exception to this.

Time will tell but either way, TBAR were first to claim the takeover was at an advanced stage.

Its the Admin from TBAR again.

I dont think the FPP rules will be that hard to work around. Humor the idea that Ellison buys villa, we sign cavani on 10k a week, next day cavani becomes an ambassador for oracle which happens to pay him 350k a week. Our wage bil would be FPP compliant.

In any case, i dont believe we will do a man city, thats just incredibly optimistic and far fetched, id be over the moon with a owner that cares and actually knows how to run a club!

Decent theory, but this would also make it unbelievably easy for Cavani to buy himself out of his Aston Villa contract and sign for another football team for free haha. 

Stan Collymore

Fellow Villa fans, my understanding of the ownership situation is that Mr Lerner will announce he will look to sell to the right owner but there is NO prospective owner in the pipeline. Worrying times. A vacuum.

Damn you, I just came into this thread to post this. 

I'd respect him a lot more if he did quit.

I do hate this wait for the compo mentally!!

Would you walk away from millions of pounds?

Stupid thing to have a go at him about.

I can only think what I would do in my current situation where I don't earn millions and I would like to think that if I were in a situation where I had not performed to the best of my abilities that I would fall on my sword and leave a job. If I had being earning millions for a few years I would look at the compo in a different light I would like to think!

Absolute twaddle. Who in their right mind makes themselves unemployed because they've had a tough year of it? I have literally heard it all now.

• Like 2

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

I think the 'disappointment' is due to the belief that there is no real news to reveal.

That might be true. But then say that - don't imply you know more but won't tell.

Stan Collymore

@stancollymore

Fellow Villa fans, my understanding of the ownership situation is that Mr Lerner will announce he will look to sell to the right owner but there is NO prospective owner in the pipeline. Worrying times. A vacuum.

Does put a whole different slant on avfcicognitos tweet earlier Edited by mykeyb

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

David, Why? It is all largely opinion at the end of the day and no one has a clue, who is truly in ITK.

Many have heard snippets, some choose to stoke the fire, whereas other decide to damp it. I don't know anymore than I was told months ago, that could be BS as well, but it does seem that anyone who "thinks" a take over "may" not happen is less credible than someone who thinks it will. Maybe it's all wishful thinking.

We now have individuals on another site who were certain it was all done and dusted spouting as ambiguously as Lerner.

If it happens great, if not I never got my hopes up in the first place.

Look I agree with what you say. My point just that I don't like when people say something were they imply to know more. If you say that we will be disappointed then I and a lot others will believe you, but then Please say why you think so and if it is based on know how or opinion.

Even if Randy does say as Collymore says he will, I'd still hold out big hope that we'd be under new ownership come next season because I don't think Lerner would compromise his standing  by putting himself out there as an half and half chairman who doesn't know if he's coming or going.

• Like 1

For anybody who thinks incognito is someone at the club or PF, would they seriously post this:

PAUL LAMBERT WILL BE INTERVIEWED FOR VILLA POST THIS WEEK. #AVFC

or

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC  31 May 2012

Wow. Wait a minute. Just got a call. Norwich were not as forthcoming as first thought. Lambert is now taking control. May well resign. #avfc

or

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC  31 May 2012

''You granted me permission & now you have withdrawn from our agreement.You cannot surrender ur word. Let us talk or I walk.' #avfc.

Also he goes from suggesting he is outside the club and saying things such as :

Communication coming from Villa is that they will hold off on announcement until tomorrow out of respect to Norwich FC. #AVFC

to then making it sound as if he is PART OF THE CLUB by saying things like this and using the word 'we'.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC  28 Jun 2012

We are very happy with progress. Plenty of work taking place. Stay patient. Nothing to worry about. #avfc

Complete bullshit lads there is no way this guy is part of the club, it BAFFLES me as to why people would get any pleasure from making stories up so that people will think they are 'ITK' when you never even know who is behind the account anyway!

Fed up