$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Gentleman, Trent hinted about the Culverhouse and Karsa thing before Admin on TBAR. <br />

<br />

There's no bitterness between here and TBAR, we're all Villa fans after all. The micky taking is mainly directed at the posters on TBAR, who probably have 1 post to their name, claiming that they have the inside scoop. It screams 'look at my post, my dad is Randy Lerner's butler, honest, I have info, believe it, believe me, please pay me attention!', much like the many wannabes on Twitter who also get sniggered at.

But with all due respect, I doubt Trent is the only one with connections to the club. Admin posted in some detail about Karsa and Culverhouse leaving, no cryptic or vague stuff. Could they both have reputable sources? It is more than possible.

Fair enough if the abuse is aimed towards people who have one post to their name, but it has been largely directed towards that Admin fellow who has a decent ITK record. 

I wonder if Randy has decided to have an English American Football team and decided to call us the Cleveland Clarets, realising that our current squad may be better at that kind of football than the type they are currently trying to play.

Gabby for wide receiver? Benteke could be defence and Herd could be quarterback based solely his ability to throw the ball far.

Facebook page aston villa 1874 posted something about anschultz bringing klinsmann as manager with Zola assistant. News being broken in the morning in America. Just passing it on, probably bull crap

Bearing in mind the transfer window opens Sunday night, IF a takeover occurred AND it was a super rich person/consortium surely we would have to pay inflated fees for players

Maybe this is what Incognito is talking about with regards to being counterproductive, We still have to play by the FFP rules :mellow:

I dont think the FPP rules will be that hard to work around. Humor the idea that Ellison buys villa, we sign cavani on 10k a week, next day cavani becomes an ambassador for oracle which happens to pay him 350k a week. Our wage bil would be FPP compliant.

In any case, i dont believe we will do a man city, thats just incredibly optimistic and far fetched, id be over the moon with a owner that cares and actually knows how to run a club!

Facebook page aston villa 1874 posted something about anschultz bringing klinsmann as manager with Zola assistant. News being broken in the morning in America. Just passing it on, probably bull crap

I wouldn't believe him if he said the world is round. He said Tekkers was playing crap on purpose because we wanted to sell him to a Russian club in the summer. This reportedly happened after he had signed a new contract  & at the end of the transfer window. Also said Spurs wanted him after new contract had been signed & after Spuds had blown £100 Mill. When I called him out on this & said why would Tekkers play crap when he had a chance of going to the World Cup he sais an ex player had told him. Total idiot .

Edited by Villaninireland
  • Like 1

I dont think the FPP rules will be that hard to work around. Humor the idea that Ellison buys villa, we sign cavani on 10k a week, next day cavani becomes an ambassador for oracle which happens to pay him 350k a week. Our wage bil would be FPP compliant.

In any case, i dont believe we will do a man city, thats just incredibly optimistic and far fetched, id be over the moon with a owner that cares and actually knows how to run a club!

With a business acumen like that, surely you should replace Faulkner as Chief Executive?

I wouldn't believe him if he said the world is round. He said Tekkers was playing crap on purpose because we wanted to sell him to a Russian club in the summer. This reportedly happened after he had signed a new contract & at the end of the transfer window. Also said Spurs wanted him after new contract had been signed & after Spuds had blown £100 Mill. When I called him out on this & said why would Tekkers play crap when he had a chance of going to the World Cup he sais an ex player had told him. Total idiot .

Didn't believe it myself to be honest mate, just thought I'd throw it in here lol

• Like 1

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

David, Why? It is all largely opinion at the end of the day and no one has a clue, who is truly in ITK.

Many have heard snippets, some choose to stoke the fire, whereas other decide to damp it. I don't know anymore than I was told months ago, that could be BS as well, but it does seem that anyone who "thinks" a take over "may" not happen is less credible than someone who thinks it will. Maybe it's all wishful thinking.

We now have individuals on another site who were certain it was all done and dusted spouting as ambiguously as Lerner.

If it happens great, if not I never got my hopes up in the first place.

Same here Mike my old mate - but some/ (many) have and will probably go into apoplexy if nothing happens - believing (or hoping) these stories to be true. Pinch of salt comes to mind with all these 'ITK' rumours. No matter what happens - VT will be in meltdown either way.

As long as as we start showing we're a premier league club again and stop shopping at league 1 and poor over seas leagues. We need 3 or 4 quality players, this will need investment.

• Like 3

With a business acumen like that, surely you should replace Faulkner as Chief Executive?
Maybe im the new owner?!

All im saying is, if there is a will there is a way. PSG are well involved in the FPP debate and facing fines yet ther are looking to get Dani Alves, Hazard, Ángel di María and so on. Doesnt really sound like a team which takes those rules to seriously does it?

As long as as we start showing we're a premier league club again and stop shopping at league 1 and poor over seas leagues. We need 3 or 4 quality players, this will need investment.

Nothing wrong with shopping abroad and in the lower leagues, we've just been too one-sided in our approach and not brought enough quality.

This,,,, not against Lerner staying as long as he just ups his game a little. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 2

Maybe im the new owner?!

All im saying is, if there is a will there is a way. PSG are well involved in the FPP debate and facing fines yet ther are looking to get Dani Alves, Hazard, Ángel di María and so on. Doesnt really sound like a team which takes those rules to seriously does it?

if you're the new owner.  I'd like a word with you, please.