$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

This. 

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

Well to be fair, a new forum which is releasing rumors, constantly backtrack or what not. It would not surprise me if there is some kids behind that whole thing. As long as it catches some speed, others will follow. Just look at twitter.

I am very hopeful but it would not surprise me if trent was right as I seriously doubt he wanna wind up fans, and he has been right before. You would also think more would have leaked out considering the announcement is supposedly less than a week away.

With that said, speculation is fine and that is why the forum is here, but there is gonna be a lot of angry villa fans around if nothing happens.

I think the 'disappointment' is due to the belief that there is no real news to reveal.

If there isn't a takeover now this will be among the worst sports club PR I've ever seen in my life.

To allow fans emotions to run wild with speculation of some of the world's richest men buying us and have no takeover at all, when he could have come out at any stage and stopped the speculation would be an absolute disaster and would destroy any goodwill people have left toward the current administration.

Just how bad a PR cock up it would be if there were no takeover now is probably the only thing keeping me hopeful that there will be a takeover. Lerner isn't an idiot and sport as a business is about selling hope. If he comes out on Monday and says business as usual he will crush the fan base, but only because he's allowed speculation to go crazy.

It takes something very special for Lerner to say anything, I really can't see him announcing a couple weeks in advance that he will make an announcement about absolutely nothing at the end of the season. He'd just get Faulkner to make a statement in that case, as it's his job. Nobody knows except him, FACT (probably).

Why on earth would the club try to muddy the waters by sending out titbits of information through their channels about two of the wealthiest men on the planet buying the club?

Sounds like a load of old hocum to me.

The Bullshit Admin Recites.

If there isn't a takeover now this will be among the worst sports club PR I've ever seen in my life.

To allow fans emotions to run wild with speculation of some of the world's richest men buying us and have no takeover at all, when he could have come out at any stage and stopped the speculation would be an absolute disaster and would destroy any goodwill people have left toward the current administration.

Just how bad a PR cock up it would be if there were no takeover now is probably the only thing keeping me hopeful that there will be a takeover. Lerner isn't an idiot and sport as a business is about selling hope. If he comes out on Monday and says business as usual he will crush the fan base, but only because he's allowed speculation to go crazy.

Yes - But could it be a mis calculation on Lerners part.  What he might have meant to say was "theres always an of season review - where those sort things will be discused'"  - where as his actual words "I will make a statement on my own position at the end of the season" ......ergo we got  "My position is the results on the field are not acceptable - Ive taken steps to address that [sacks manager]".

When I first seen Lerners statement my initial reaction was that a 2nd statement clarifying his position - would follow about 30 minutes later ......I just wonder if he couldn't be bothered, or we are in his thoughts so little - he's not given us much thought since....

I really think the whole thing stems from a bit of lost in transalation..

Yes - But could it be a mis calculation on Lerners part.  What he might have meant to say was "theres always an of season review - where those sort things will be discused'"  - where as his actual words "I will make a statement on my own position at the end of the season" ......ergo we got  "My position is the results on the field are not acceptable - Ive taken steps to address that [sacks manager]".

When I first seen Lerners statement my initial reaction was that a 2nd statement clarifying his position - would follow about 30 minutes later ......I just wonder if he couldn't be bothered, or we are in his thoughts so little - he's not given us much thought since....

The whole thing is purely based on semantics.

Exegisists have had a field day.

It is not Randy Lerner's fault if others misinterpret his statements & then fly off wildly & quixotically into fantasy.

People make what they want of it & do.

• Like 1

Yes - But could it be a mis calculation on Lerners part. What he might have meant to say was "theres always an of season review - where those sort things will be discused'" - where as his actual words "I will make a statement on my own position at the end of the season" ......ergo we got "My position is the results on the field are not acceptable - Ive taken steps to address that [sacks manager]".

It is not Randy Lerner's fault if others misinterpret his statements & then fly off wildly & quixotically into fantasy.

Absolutely

But it may be Randy Lerner or Paul Faulkner's job to deal with the fallout of crushed supporter expectation.

But I think if Lerner gets flak for this he deserves it. If there is no takeover he could have said so....He could have issued a statement clarifying the original. Now are safe he could say what he has to say.

It seems to me he has an hour slot in schedule  'Update on Aston Villa' - that slot is sometime next week - until then we aren't in his thoughts.

Based on past form though - he waits until the season is over , then bins the manager. Thats what I m expecting...

Yes - But could it be a mis calculation on Lerners part. What he might have meant to say was "theres always an of season review - where those sort things will be discused'" - where as his actual words "I will make a statement on my own position at the end of the season" ......ergo we got "My position is the results on the field are not acceptable - Ive taken steps to address that [sacks manager]".

Absolutely

But it may be Randy Lerner or Paul Faulkner's job to deal with the fallout of crushed supporter expectation.

Or euphoria.

Which ever, they will obviously deal with it accordingly as they deem appropriate whether to the fans liking or not.

Fortunately/unfortunately that is their prerogative & we as fans have just simply got to live with it.

Surely though we lose nothing if he comes out now, as opposed to Monday, I mean fair enough if we needed something versus Spurs to stay up but it's a pointless game (probably in every sense of the word for Villa). Then you have to factor in, the time difference, we'll be lucky if we get anything by 5pm Monday.