$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Surely though we lose nothing if he comes out now, as opposed to Monday, I mean fair enough if we needed something versus Spurs to stay up but it's a pointless game (probably in every sense of the word for Villa). Then you have to factor in, the time difference, we'll be lucky if we get anything by 5pm Monday.

Its a control thing 'I will discuss Aston Villa when I am good an ready'

I remember GT refusing to answer questions when we were heavily linked with some player [think it might have been Steve Bull] - he refused to answer questions as he said it would give credibility to the rumour. - In the end he had to come out and say 'nothing doing' - his refusal to discuss it - made the rumour bigger. I fear a similar thing has happened with Lerner and the takeover here.

Surely though we lose nothing if he comes out now, as opposed to Monday, I mean fair enough if we needed something versus Spurs to stay up but it's a pointless game (probably in every sense of the word for Villa). Then you have to factor in, the time difference, we'll be lucky if we get anything by 5pm Monday.

Probably wants to wait until the season is over, after all it affects the squad, the management and all the staff

I remember GT refusing to answer questions when we were heavily linked with some player [think it might have been Steve Bull] - he refused to answer questions as he said it would give credibility to the rumour. - In the end he had to come out and say 'nothing doing' - his refusal to discuss it - made the rumour bigger. I fear a similar thing has happened with Lerner and the takeover here.

I was always under the impression that the Steve Bull signing was a rumour  initially started by Paul Birch. (RIP)

Any one else able to confirm this?

I reckon RL/Villa might be trying to be a bit clever here and are leaking some rumours out to keep people out of the loop.  As I said before I can only imagine a handful of people know what is exactly going on.

• Like 1

Was it our own Mike McKenna who posted 2-3 months ago that he had received some news that big things were going to happen but it wasnt going to be a takeover?

I wonder if this is whats happening now or if something else has changed the plans.

I was always under the impression that the Steve Bull signing was a rumour  initially started by Paul Birch. (RIP)

Taylor and Big Ron - both admitted later that they had gone to great lengths to to try and sign him - so I think there was some substance to it

Interestingly someone said on the 'The Bells Are Ringing' that any leaking of fake information could be because somebody has gotten close to the truth and so the club are now using misdirection to stay in line with strict confidentiality clauses.

• Like 1

I reckon RL/Villa might be trying to be a bit clever here and are leaking some rumours out to keep people out of the loop.  As I said before I can only imagine a handful of people know what is exactly going on.

But why ?

It could backfire - say were are negioting with AEG - but they get wind that Randy is to announce he isn't selling ....

The only reason for witholding is that Lerner wants Lambert to see out the season., he needs a figurehead at the club unrtil sunday ......then he dispeneses with him...

Taylor and Big Ron - both admitted later that they had gone to great lengths to to try and sign him - so I think there was some substance to it

I remember hearing Bull himself telling a story recently that he thought he was a Villa player. Deal done, terms agreed and then Deadly wakes up one day and decides he doesn't want to spend the money.

Doesn't sound too unrealistic a story, bearing in mind it's Doug.

• Like 2

Interestingly someone said on the 'The Bells Are Ringing' that any leaking of fake information could be because somebody has gotten close to the truth and so the club are now using misdirection to stay in line with strict confidentiality clauses.

They might have been trying to flush out the mole(s) with the Davis and Simpson link. 

• Like 1

It looks like some people on here think we are all going to be disappointed. Comments like that irritates me a lot.

Don't get me wrong I just love the ITK stuff and I will not slate anyone for telling what they know. But just to comment that we will be disappointed is not ITK either say what you know or think or don't comment implying that you know more but won't tell - what is the reason for that???

David, Why? It is all largely opinion at the end of the day and no one has a clue, who is truly in ITK.

Many have heard snippets, some choose to stoke the fire, whereas other decide to damp it. I don't know anymore than I was told months ago, that could be BS as well, but it does seem that anyone who "thinks" a take over "may" not happen is less credible than someone who thinks it will. Maybe it's all wishful thinking.

We now have individuals on another site who were certain it was all done and dusted spouting as ambiguously as Lerner.

If it happens great, if not I never got my hopes up in the first place.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Sounds silly, but it might just be a good old fashioned respect thing. Let the players, the manager and the opposition go and do their thing on Sunday, and then when the game is over, you talk about what's happening next

• Like 3

Come on guys, we are coming across as bitter and petty. We are all Villa fans at the end of the day.

Not really. The problem isn't the TBAR forum. It's the amount of 'ITK's that have appeared on there, with conflicting stories, some of which have been very far-fetched.

I'm sure there are lots of lovely, clever, well-dressed Villa fans on that forum that contribute to great discussions. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of planks on there too.

Sounds silly, but it might just be a good old fashioned respect thing. Let the players, the manager and the opposition go and do their thing on Sunday, and then when the game is over, you talk about what's happening next

Not silly - so long as something is happening. - If he is waiting until Monday to say business as usual - then he will anger many.