$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

EDIT: I think he INCOGNITO account is genuinely ITK.

If Randy was just going to say he's looking to sell, then did that really need to be done at the end of the season? 

Edited by PieFacE

Even if Randy does say as Collymore says he will, I'd still hold out big hope that we'd be under new ownership come next season because I don't think Lerner would compromise his standing  by putting himself out there as an half and half chairman who doesn't know if he's coming or going.

I agree with this. Would be a bit out of character.

At the Browns didn't he deny a takeover months before it happened?

Edited by PieFacE

Stan Collymore

Fellow Villa fans, my understanding of the ownership situation is that Mr Lerner will announce he will look to sell to the right owner but there is NO prospective owner in the pipeline. Worrying times. A vacuum.

If Collymore is correct, and Lerner does stay, especially if he is actively looking for a buyer, I cannot believe that he will sack Lambert.

If that is the case, then we will find out how good or bad Lambert really is.

Complete bullshit lads there is no way this guy is part of the club, it BAFFLES me as to why people would get any pleasure from making stories up so that people will think they are 'ITK' when you never even know who is behind the account anyway!

Fed up

He might not be someone at the club, but most of the stuff was correct at the time.

Hasn't Collymore told 3 or 4 different stories in the past week? :lol:

Yes, and you can call up Talksport and discuss his latest bullshit story, at your own expense.

• Like 1

That's what the likes of collymore and the rest of talk sport do, they give you plenty of stories, they also spin the story in a couple of different ways, anything to be able to shout "I was right" in a weeks time

This trying to sell but can't find a buyer, unless Lerner comes out and categorically denies any intention to sell, which ever man and his dog will guess that he won't, Stan can claim he was right, if Lerner comes out Monday with our new owner stan will claim "I told you he was trying to sell"

I don't believe a word of it, none of them will put their cocks on the block, all of them are just fishing for attention

Yes, and you can call up Talksport and discuss his latest bullshit story, at your own expense.

Quite. Collymore really isn't a source of information, he just recites all the crap on Twitter. We could probably start a Twitter rumour that Richard Branson was interested and Collymore would report it. 

And it works. Even though he's come out with several vastly different claims over the past few days, people still repost it and act like he's ITK.

He's a fraud, but fortunately most of his audience fall for it on each occasion. Like he must have inside sources when there's almost no one of any importance still at the club from his time, nevermind giving out information to someone they know will run his mouth on Talkshite.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Quite. Collymore really isn't a source of information, he just recites all the crap on Twitter. We could probably start a Twitter rumour that Richard Branson was interested and Collymore would report it.

shall we!?
  • Like 1

shall we!?

I can create a few accounts to retweet. :D

I just think it's funny how if someone comes up with a username and tells us what they have heard, aslong as it's positive people get behind it and try to think about the liklihood.

Then when someone well connected in the game (whether you like him or not, he works for the biggest sport station in the country and is an ex pro) says something negative we all say he doesn't know shit!

You really think people like that attention seeker 'Admin' have more contacts than Collymore? No chance!

It's not even just Collymore people who he works with will be well connected too.

shall we!?

I can create a few accounts to retweet. :D

I'll retweet

Come on guys, we are coming across as bitter and petty. We are all Villa fans at the end of the day.

Not really. The problem isn't the TBAR forum. It's the amount of 'ITK's that have appeared on there, with conflicting stories, some of which have been very far-fetched.

I'm sure there are lots of lovely, clever, well-dressed Villa fans on that forum that contribute to great discussions. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of planks on there too.

Good job there are no `Planks` on VT. ;)

• Like 1

I just think it's funny how if someone comes up with a username and tells us what they have heard, aslong as it's positive people get behind it and try to think about the liklihood.

Then when someone well connected in the game (whether you like him or not, he works for the biggest sport station in the country and is an ex pro) says something negative we all say he doesn't know shit!

You really think people like that attention seeker 'Admin' have more contacts than Collymore? No chance!

It's not even just Collymore people who he works with will be well connected too.

I'm not dismissing Collymore because he's being negative, I'm dismissing Collymore because in the years he's been at TalkSport, I've never once heard him break an exclusive. He says whatever he thinks will get people to call up, it's how he justifies his paycheck.

If it were someone who had any credibility in the game rather than someone who runs his mouth about any shit that trends on Twitter, I might pay attention. Collymore frequently demonstrates that he knows little that isn't already in the public eye.

Edited by Davkaus

I don't believe anyone more than the other.

But the fact Collymore has changed his story about 3 or 4 times this week SURELY indicates that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about?

When something breaks on Twitter, Collymore reports it.

It happened with Red Bull

It happened with Ellison at VP

It happened with "No takeover is happening"

Now he's saying "Randy will announce he will sell"

C'mon, the guy is full of shit. 

• Like 2

I'm not dismissing Collymore because he's being negative, I'm dismissing Collymore because in the years he's been at TalkSport, I've never once heard him break an exclusive. He says whatever he thinks will get people to call up, it's how he justifies his paycheck.

If it were someone who had any credibility in the game rather than someone who runs his mouth about any shit that trends on Twitter, I might pay attention. Collymore knows shit.

Stan regularly announces the correct England line up before it is officially announced. He has credible contacts as do many at Talksport. IIRC they announced early that McLeish was set to be the new Villa Manager but most Villa fans out of incredulity &/or despair totally ignored them.

Does this enlighten anyone in any way or is it still the status quo of people putting 2 & 2 together to make 5?

You decide.

Is it really something we didn't know though?

I highly doubt he would've said "I have sold the club to X and Y" so what Collymore is saying isn't really anything new. Even if Lerner was on the brink to selling to a buyer he wouldn't disclose names just isn't in his nature.