$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Take the M out of meltdown, jumble the letters a little bit and what do you have? Let Down. Got the feeling that's how we are all going to be feeling come the start of next season.

• Like 2

For anybody who thinks incognito is someone at the club or PF, would they seriously post this:

PAUL LAMBERT WILL BE INTERVIEWED FOR VILLA POST THIS WEEK. #AVFC

or

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC  31 May 2012

Wow. Wait a minute. Just got a call. Norwich were not as forthcoming as first thought. Lambert is now taking control. May well resign. #avfc

or

''You granted me permission & now you have withdrawn from our agreement.You cannot surrender ur word. Let us talk or I walk.' #avfc.

Also he goes from suggesting he is outside the club and saying things such as :

Communication coming from Villa is that they will hold off on announcement until tomorrow out of respect to Norwich FC. #AVFC

to then making it sound as if he is PART OF THE CLUB by saying things like this and using the word 'we'.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC  28 Jun 2012

We are very happy with progress. Plenty of work taking place. Stay patient. Nothing to worry about. #avfc

Complete bullshit lads there is no way this guy is part of the club, it BAFFLES me as to why people would get any pleasure from making stories up so that people will think they are 'ITK' when you never even know who is behind the account anyway!

Fed up

Whomever was tweeting as Incognito at the beginning is not the same individual managing the account now IMO.

I think the account is a genuine AVFC account drip feeding selected info on behalf of the club.  The writing style has definitely changed since 2012, but the info has always been sparing, and solid.

• Like 1

For anybody who thinks incognito is someone at the club or PF, would they seriously post this:

or

Wow. Wait a minute. Just got a call. Norwich were not as forthcoming as first thought. Lambert is now taking control. May well resign. #avfc

or

''You granted me permission & now you have withdrawn from our agreement.You cannot surrender ur word. Let us talk or I walk.' #avfc.

Communication coming from Villa is that they will hold off on announcement until tomorrow out of respect to Norwich FC. #AVFC

to then making it sound as if he is PART OF THE CLUB by saying things like this and using the word 'we'.

We are very happy with progress. Plenty of work taking place. Stay patient. Nothing to worry about. #avfc

Complete bullshit lads there is no way this guy is part of the club, it BAFFLES me as to why people would get any pleasure from making stories up so that people will think they are 'ITK' when you never even know who is behind the account anyway!

Fed up

Whomever was tweeting as Incognito at the beginning is not the same individual managing the account now IMO.

I think the account is a genuine AVFC account drip feeding selected info on behalf of the club.  The writing style has definitely changed since 2012, but the info has always been sparing, and solid.

I accept your point but for me it's simply a telling sign that it is defiantly not genuine.

The guy who tweets on it probably didn't expect so much exposure and people to believe the account so much, when people were speculating that it could be coming from the top he though 'hang on a minute, i'll start tweeting in a more professional manner then'.

Chances are he was 16 when it started and now he is a slightly more educated 18 year old.

Call me a skeptic but i'd put money on it.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but how much could we spend in the summer before breaching FFP rules?

Our current turnover is £80mill, next season will be £100mill due to the new TV deal.

Our current wages are about £60mill (estimated), assuming that a couple of the high earners leave but new signings offset that, next years wages will also be £60m.

so i think we could spend £20mill this summer on transfer fees and break even (assuming nothing is spent in Jan).

@avfcwills10

He / she / employee has been sparing with the tweets and, as far as I can ascertain, has never made any bold predictions previously. They also have a habit of revealing correct information on players and managerial appointments.

It's the only Villa related Twitter account I pay any attention to. 

• Like 2

Just had a random porusal through TBAR. They are backing up the takeover with huge intent. Every Mod is putting the forums rep on it. Apparenty its come out that Admin knows a Player at the club and they have already been told of the takeover but not who the new owner is. This is believeable and I personally am going with it. Roll on next week!!

Who told us about benteke signing a new deal? a forum ITK or the media with all their contacts?

Who told us about kozak breaking his leg? A forum ITK or the media with all the contacts?

Who told us about culverhouse and karsa being in trouble? A forum ITK or the media with all their contacts?

The one thing Collymore hasn't spouted about is the Anschutz/AEG link. Look at what's rumoured, tick off what he has said, and what you're left with is probably the likely buyer/outcome imo - Anschutz.

Edited by stewiek2

Who told us about benteke signing a new deal? a forum ITK or the media with all their contacts?

Who told us about kozak breaking his leg? A forum ITK or the media with all the contacts?

Who told us about culverhouse and karsa being in trouble? A forum ITK or the media with all their contacts?

summer-who.gif

• Like 1

Just had a random porusal through TBAR. They are backing up the takeover with huge intent. Every Mod is putting the forums rep on it. Apparenty its come out that Admin knows a Player at the club and they have already been told of the takeover but not who the new owner is. This is believeable and I personally am going with it. Roll on next week!!

This isn't correct, someone put on about a next door neighbour being best mates with the Bodymoore heath gardener who knows that lambert addressed and told the players 3 weeks ago.

Somebody then took the piss and said that Admins source must be a player then.

Not a proper link

If it did turn out to be Anschutz then I wouldn't be surprised If Clark Hunt turned out to be involved as well, as consortium perhaps. Apparently the two families have an history of working together and of course we play both their teams this summer.

Even if Randy does say as Collymore says he will, I'd still hold out big hope that we'd be under new ownership come next season because I don't think Lerner would compromise his standing  by putting himself out there as an half and half chairman who doesn't know if he's coming or going.

How can the man appointed Mcleish, hasn't attended a home since December 2012 - presided over 4 consecutive relegation seasons - possibly give one iota about compromising his standing. ?

The man who poaches a relegated Birmingham City manager, at a cost of £2m - is very capable of promising us a statement on his position - only for that statement  to be 'I am still the chairman of Aston Villa'

or

or

Fed up

But alot of that proved correct.

...and last summer he said to expect a lot business over the next 7 days - and we signed about 3 players.

I rate that account as an ITK - Problem with the latest tweets ...they don't tell us much...

• Like 1