$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So after all the so called spin, BS, ITK, "evidence", there is basically nothing to "prove" we are being taken over other than Lerner saying ambiguously that he will make a statement after the end of the season and PL being vague about his future in his last interview.

As Trent has said I also think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

I don't, just because I think that most people know in the back of their minds that there is a strong possiblity that nothing is happening.

Villa fans have had so much disappointment recently, will we really be that bothered if Lerner says he's not selling? I know I wont. We'll just move onto the next 'what if'.

I think people need to come to grips that it is highly unlikely that a new owner is going to come and dump money on the club and bring us back to glory.

I'm not saying don't get your hopes up, but this is just a Sneijder or Kiyotake moment again. Grabbing anything that even remotely looks like "information" and hoping it's true.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Lerner came out and said, "Paul has done a great job and we will continue to try and stay within the FPP and try to build a competitive team."

Might be some fancy new owner but that's a pipe dream.

From TBAR

Hello all.

I’m sorry that there has been no news from me of late. The reason being is that the club are now "leaking" all manner of stories in order to muddy the waters. The club aren’t overly impressed that they’ve not been able to keep a lid on this particular bottle.

So, as they can't stop info coming out, they've decided to actively and cleverly feed their connections with bullshit stories. This directive has come from the top.

I've read that forums previously rubbishing our news story are suddenly awash with takeover talk. Andy Gray has come out with stories, Stan Collymore, TalkSport, MysteryMan in various forms (the version that is registered here is not the real MM), all manner of twitter and Facebook chat about auditors, Phil Anschutz and Ellison/Oracle....this is the club working overtime to spin misinformation.

Some of what you’ll read today is true, I'm sure. But with so many versions of stories, it's now going to be extremely hard to tell the truth from fiction. That's before you consider the people who just make things up without any reliable source.

The club has finally been clever about something. As such, I’m being as careful not to say anything until I know that it has at least a ring of truth to it. And I understand that this is frustrating for you all. 

As always, my ear is to the ground and I hope that TBAR members are the first to know the real story. I’m working hard for you all.

ADMIN.

The interesting thing about this is that the other poster who appears / claims to be in the know posted a very similar thing either late last night or first thing this morning.

Now either the two posters are the same which is unlikely or they are both in a position of hearing stuff and have come to the same conclusion.

I am living in hope that there is a takeover and both posters are correct, the alternative just doesnt bear thinking about.

Who has the fake information and who has the real information?  :wacko:

Real = Lerner

Fake = Everyone else

I think Lerner has tricked everybody and released fake information about a takeover.  ;)

I think he released an ill informed statement, which he hoped would quell the rumours - its had the opposite effect. I won't say he has dug himself a hole - because he probably isn't that concerned about what people half way round the globe think.

Know one knows - but it seems the ground swell is against anything happening, Trent yesterday, TBAR admin today ,

I get the impression Admin still believes there is a takeover in the offing but does not know who is behind the bid. While Trent (I think) does not believe there will be a takeover. I am starting to think these rumours have been instigated to get us over the line.  :(

If PA was genuinely interested in buying Villa and also genuinely interested in investing hundreds of millions to turn us into competitors again, then why wait for Lerner to go through the pain of stripping out the high earners. Having a massive negative PL wouldn't affect his willingness to purchase us if he is the guy to pump millions into us.

Sorry, but I just don't see any dreams being built here.

Isn't it obvious why? If you're selling a club then you get the books in order. Villa are a blank canvas at the moment. Perfect for a take over. The last thing a new owner would want is to come in and sort out a high earners mess regardless of their wealth. You don't get that rich by needlessly spunking money away. Having almost no big contracts to pay off is a lot more inviting than being left with a financial mess.

Makes perfect sense to get the house in order.

Then, isn't it obvious that if the "new" owner was waiting for the current owner to get his house in order then he isn't going to be the one spunking millions on us turning us into title contenders?

If the "new" owner was waiting in the wings for a clear out then that tells me that we are going to have another Lerner in charge. Nothing spectacular, and nothing worth getting too exicted over.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad Lerner is leaving but all this hype and excitment is very premature IMO.

Why would a new owner want to pay off a number of contracts and then spend more money on new ones? They're businessman. It would decrease the value of the sale.

Not sure why you don't see that, but horses for courses I guess.

Just because these guys are loaded doesn't mean they throw money away.

I see this perfectly well... I don't think you are understanding my point. A few people are getting excited by us being potentially bought out by a guy who has $11b in his bank. If this person was going to do something exceptional to us and turn us into title challengers he wouldn't be interested in getting value for money as he is going to be losing £100m's on the project anyway.

If he is interested in getting value for money then he isn't going to be the one to turn us into title challengers and as such isn't worth getting so excited about... unless of course P3te's excellently written post and point above comes into play.

Of course he wants value for money, just because he has money doesn't mean he is prepared to throw it away, it doesn't work like that. Man city had a financial plan in place, they didn't just throw money away for the sake of it. They spent heavily initially to get the ball rolling but the spending has tailed off. I'd be more concerned having some numpty come in and chuck money at because that is how we've ended up in this mess.

Man City lost £60m a year even after you take into consideration their £400m sponsorship deal which is being paid for by the same family that owns Man City and has been done simply as a tool to navigate around the FFP rules. If you took this out of the equation their losses would be colossal. They will never make this money back and seem happy to consistently pump money into Man City and are quite clearly not looking for value.

So, "of course he wants value for money" and "it doesn't work like that" isn't actually the case in all instances my friend.

My point is quite simple... I wouldn't get too excited if we got bought out by a multibillionaire. If they were going to be interested in making us into a world force they wouldn't have waited for all cost cutting to take place.

QPR are owned by one of the richest families on the planet, as are I believe Deportivo La Coruna. These teams aren't even in the top division in their countries and have no plans to do anything special. If we were bought out by a filthy rich man it seems clear to me it won't be as exciting as some people are hoping. This is the only simple point I am making.

Just so you know it's a 10 year 350m deal so 35m a year for shirt and stadium sponsorship. The new utd shirt deal is supposed to be 60m a year to put it in comparison

I doubt there is a takeover happening. It's just going to be Lerner asking people to stop speculating and get on with supporting the team with Lambert still in charge. He might announce that he is putting some extra money into the club or announce some stadium plans or something along those lines. Maybe a new approach to how we deal in the transfer market or a new fish tank for his office?

I'm bored of the prospect of a takeover now, so I am going to be a negative Sally until such time where a takeover is announced.

Edited by Tayls

As much as it looks like something definitive is happening I am struggling to see Randy breaking the habit of a lifetime by releasing a statement that isn't vague, contradictory and that leaves more questions than answers.

I reckon (sorry Mic), from what you say, Lerner might be announcing that he will write a fresh season of 'Lost.'

I'll be waiting with baited breath for the fish tank rumours to be confirmed.

it will be filled with local, young hard working goldfish not your expensive tropical ones that require constant attention.

• Like 2

Okay, all of this morning's TBAR uncertainty aside...

We have a statement to look forward to.

We appear to have a 'surprise' as part of the said statement coming.

And even Paul (Lambert) appears to have said that what is in the statement is 'unusual.' (I think that was the word I have seen quoted.

There is deffo someting going on. **** the Spurs game... Let's just get to Monday now please...

Okay, all of this morning's TBAR uncertainty aside...

We have a statement to look forward to.

We appear to have a 'surprise' as part of the said statement coming.

And even Paul (Lambert) appears to have said that what is in the statement is 'unusual.' (I think that was the word I have seen quoted.

There is deffo someting going on. **** the Spurs game... Let's just get to Monday now please...

He just meant it's an unusual situation that was the context.

I think everyone else though feels the same spurs could win 5-0 all we want to know is what's going on

• Like 1