Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

I mentioned Tuchel and Veh previously in this thread, maybe its now realistic to say no to Veh and add Klopp as an option instead.

If we are looking to Spain I would love to see Unai Emery here and he can bring Rakitic with him.

Moyes out!

I think it's a possibility if the investment rumor based on 200 mill on new players, is a reality.

I wouldn't trust Moyes to spend 200 million on new players.

I wouldn't trust him with 2 million on new players.

Moyes is out-dated hence why he's struggled with Manure.

Even Everton fans were happy when he left them.

It has nothing to do with anyone thinking Villa are above Moyes; but now you bring it up the club will always be bigger than any one person!

He's yesterdays news playing yesterdays brand of football.

We've got to move on into a bright future with someone with fresh and new ideas.

That means that we can forget mentioning Klopp as a candidate for us.

No shit ?

:D

Klopp to Villa ... oh dear who's been at the bank holiday sherry already

I think Villa fans are becoming deluded if they think we're above Moyes now. Any manager would have failed followed Fergie, Moyes record at Everton got him a job at Man U and it's certainly good enough to get him a job at Villa. I very doubt we'd be able to get him, unless we get crazily wealthy owners with money to throw at the club. 

I don't think it's about thinking we're "above" Moyes, I think many people just don't rate him. There are lots of lower profile managers that we'd be happier with.

• Like 2

He's yesterdays news playing yesterdays brand of football.

We've got to move on into a bright future with someone with fresh and new ideas.

That means that we can forget mentioning Klopp as a candidate for us.

No shit ?

:D

Klopp to Villa ... oh dear who's been at the bank holiday sherry already

I just replied to those who keep mentioning Klopp in the thread titled: "Who realistically should be the next villa manager?"

I mentioned Tuchel and Veh previously in this thread, maybe its now realistic to say no to Veh and add Klopp as an option instead.

If we are looking to Spain I would love to see Unai Emery here and he can bring Rakitic with him.

Moyes out!

I think it's a possibility if the investment rumor based on 200 mill on new players, is a reality.

Actually, I would trust him with peanuts. Might pick up another Seamus Coleman for £60,000.

He showed with the Fellaini purchase he doesn't know how to handle the really big budget signings. 

If we get new investment that is what we want, so Moyes not-in!

• Like 1

Moyes out!

Actually, I would trust him with peanuts. Might pick up another Seamus Coleman for £60,000.

He showed with the Fellaini purchase he doesn't know how to handle the really big budget signings. 

If we get new investment that is what we want, so Moyes not-in!

The irony there is that Fellaini was a big money signing when he got him the first time.

I agree though, I wouldn't want him.

I think Villa fans are becoming deluded if they think we're above Moyes now. Any manager would have failed followed Fergie, Moyes record at Everton got him a job at Man U and it's certainly good enough to get him a job at Villa. I very doubt we'd be able to get him, unless we get crazily wealthy owners with money to throw at the club. 

Villa fans want us to become a top 6 side, that wont be a possibility with Moyes in charge. When he can't break into top 6 with Man Utd, how the f*** is he going to achieve that with us? Please tell me, because I don't have a clue.

He broke into the top 6 with Everton, a side far more comparable to use the Man Utd are. 

After a quarter of a century of Fergie and unprecedented success no one was ever going to succeed at Man U this season, regardless of whether their name is Moyes, Mourinho, Kloop or anyone else you care to mention. With Man U success had to be instant, with Villa it would need to come over time and be built up, just as Moyes did at Everton.

Personally I'd be dancing on the tables if we got Moyes as manager, although I don't honestly think for a second we'd be able to. I predict lots of Villa fans throwing their toys out of the pram when we don't get Kloop or Guardiola. 

• Like 1

Villa fans want us to become a top 6 side, that wont be a possibility with Moyes in charge. When he can't break into top 6 with Man Utd, how the f*** is he going to achieve that with us? Please tell me, because I don't have a clue.

He broke into the top 6 with Everton, a side far more comparable to use the Man Utd are. 

After a quarter of a century of Fergie and unprecedented success no one was ever going to succeed at Man U this season, regardless of whether their name is Moyes, Mourinho, Kloop or anyone else you care to mention. With Man U success had to be instant, with Villa it would need to come over time and be built up, just as Moyes did at Everton.

Personally I'd be dancing on the tables if we got Moyes as manager, although I don't honestly think for a second we'd be able to. I predict lots of Villa fans throwing their toys out of the pram when we don't get Kloop or Guardiola. 

Augustus Kloop?

augustus-gloop.jpg

• Like 2

we do not need another scot. 2 have failed miserably and so would moyes.

they all play out dated defensive football. 6-3-1

we need someone with the philosophy of the more chances you create, the more chances to score

we need someone with the philosophy of the more chances you create, the more chances to score

We don't seem to do well with Scottish managers. Tommy Docherty, Billy McNeill, Alex McLeish and Paul Lambert have all failed miserably.

Playing Devils advocate, if Lambert was to be asked to step aside, the 2 stand out jobs for Moyes would be ourselves & Newcastle (assuming Pardew is sacked)

Moyes will not get another offer to manage at the level he is now & the best he can hope for is top10-6 which is where ourselves & Newcastle should be striving to be.

Newcastle appear to have a good team but something is clearly wrong there. We have a poor team but with new owners prepared to invest, we could be a more attractive proposition.

I certainly think we're selling ourselves short if we think Moyes is out of our range (not that I'd particularly want him)

We don't seem to do well with Scottish managers. Tommy Docherty, Billy McNeill, Alex McLeish and Paul Lambert have all failed miserably.

Excactly, scottish managers breeds of Alex Ferguson's reputation sadly.

I want someone like Rodgers. Someone who is going to improve players and the way they play with his coaching and tactics. Someone who has a clear vision for success. I think this is more likely to come from Europe at the moment.

• Like 1