Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

If Klopp come to Villa would he bring all the football hipsters with him. If so then i'm out 

They've all gone to Atletico Madrid now

This thread takes on a new dynamic now if Lerner sells up...

I really can't see Lambert surviving...how many times has a club ownership changed and the incumbent manager has still been in charge a year later...you're really only talking about established ones like Wenger and Fergie.

Now I'd like to think this time we can get someone decent from Europe as we need to stop appointing these british managers who just preach high tempo and counter attack.

I was wondering given the new owners will probably be American...what is the situation with Klinsmann and the US job? Say US get knocked out in the 1st round will he quit or stay on as there wouldn't be much happening for the next two years until the next world cup qualifiers start.

He's not perfect as a coach but I'd be very happy with that sort of appointment...someone who has a worldwide reputation and could attract decent players here.

if Moyes is sacked at the end of the season, I'd be almost positive he'll be top of the list. Which I'm not wholly sure how I feel about

No chance. An American consortium comprised of even half interested investors with little knowledge of English football will be very well versed on Moyes' fall from grace. The profile of English football in the US is higher than ever, with matches shown on regular old non cable NBC, highlights of big matches shown regularly on ESPN's Sportscenter, etc. 

They'll want to pick a winner, not a loser, which is what Moyes is, at this point.

I wouldn't be so sure. Nobody was following Ferguson and doing well in that job, nor would Fergie have left last year if he reckoned he could win more with the team. It was a position that nobody was going to come out well from. Moyes will be seen as "former manager of the biggest club in the world who had an impossible task", not "that guy who ruined United"

Roberto Martinez ? - A chance to manage a club with some cash ? esp if Everton can't make current loan deals permanent ? - A long shot - but we know Randy tried for him on at least one occasion 

??? 

Yeah, the Randy that won't be here if we're taken over?

Im just thinking the new guys might not be clued on uk managers - and Randy says 'I tried to get that Martinez fella - but he turned me down through lack of funds.....'

'Admin' from TheBellsAreRinging, is the person who broke Culverhouse and Karsa going and also that there was a takeover, way before those stories came out else where.

He said there had already been an approach for a manager who was 'exciting'.

Assuming he's as right about that as he has been about everything else, then one would assume that that manager is currently out of work if we have already spoken to them. Suppose we could have broken some rules to approach those already in jobs though.

Bielsa matches the profile of somebody out of work who would be exciting though. Top manager.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Randy that won't be here if we're taken over?

Im just thinking the new guys might not be clued on uk managers - and Randy says 'I tried to get that Martinez fella - but he turned me down through lack of funds.....'

If that was the case I'm sure Randy would say, hey, we have a great manager in my buddy Paul!

'Admin' from TheBellsAreRinging, is the person who broke Culverhouse and Karsa going and also that there was a takeover, way before those stories came out else where.

Assuming he's as right about that as he has been about everything else, then one would assume that that manager is currently out of work if we have already spoken to them. Suppose we could have broken some rules to approach those already in jobs though.

Bielsa matches the profile of somebody out of work who would be exciting though. Top manager.

Louis Van Gaal?

• Like 2

Frank Rijkaard? Guus Hiddink? Bring Jupp Heynckes out of retirement? 

As everyone already knows I would be upset if new ownership didn't give Lambert a fair chance with some good money. But I have to admit I would be extremely satisfied if Bielsa was chosen.