Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

I strongly suspect that the new owners will be bringing in their own manager. I just have a feeling about this & can't point to any particular reason why. I felt stronger about this after the game on Saturday. The fact that Lerner mentions PL in his statement in this way, also points towards him going.

Who realistically will come in?

You can rule out the top bracket of managers, just like you can rule out the top bracket of players.

Of the rest, I really like the Southampton manager & feel he's a proper coach. Also Moyes may well be looking for a job in the summer.

I'm probably going to be a bit outspoken here & state I wouldn't have a problem with Lambert being given a chance. He's achieved all targets set to him by Lerner, none of us really know how far he could take us given a few quid to spend.

• Like 1

I hope the new owners know that fancy, passing football is fashionable at the moment. It's even more fashionable with a lovable but cheeky Spanish/ German/ Portuguese manager in charge.

I hope the new owners know that fancy, passing football is fashionable at the moment. It's even more fashionable with a lovable but cheeky Spanish/ German/ Portuguese manager in charge.

Yeah, the mad fools.  Prehistoric, clueless, shite football with no plan A, let alone a plan B is the way forward.  Lambert in!!!1111

I think we should stick with a British manager - Maybe, Sean Dyche?  He really as performed miracles at burnley and properly needs bigger club to realise his potential. 

Well that's certainly brought me crashing down to Earth. I think you win the award for the must underwhelming suggestion this thread could have hoped for. Sean Dyche???  :o

I still think that an American owner could possibly have spoken to kinsman about joining.

And Klinsmann will have replied "no thanks. I live in California now..."

Exactly. He loves living in America.

I'd be thrilled with a Bielsa or a Rangnick if a manager of that calibre were available. Klopp is a pipe dream. And you've got to imagine that—regardless of the possibility of new ownership—clubs like Tottenham (or Arsenal or Man United...) will have the effective pick of the litter should they decide to part with their current managers at the end of the season. And that's just in England. Villa are not a European power anymore. I wouldn't have a problem with Laudrup.

I think we should stick with a British manager - Maybe, Sean Dyche?  He really as performed miracles at burnley and properly needs bigger club to realise his potential. 

Well that's certainly brought me crashing down to Earth. I think you win the award for the must underwhelming suggestion this thread could have hoped for. Sean Dyche???  :o

Its simple really - The well known manages do not always live up to all the hype.  Granted, neither do up and coming ones BUT nothing wrong with exploring these areas.  Sean Dyche as done a great job with resources his had.