Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Yeah, the Randy that won't be here if we're taken over?

Who knows? Maybe he will become President Emeritus No.2?

He would certainly be more worthy of the title than the No.1

First job for the new owner, kick the freeloader out on his arse!

• Like 2

I think Benitez would be pretty unpopular choice, and new owners would've probably done their homework. I'd much rather prefer manager outside of the UK with fresh set of ideas, none of the english/irish/scottish options instills me with anykind of hope.

I think Benitez would be pretty unpopular choice, and new owners would've probably done their homework. I'd much rather prefer manager outside of the UK with fresh set of ideas, none of the english/irish/scottish options instills me with anykind of hope.

Why would he be unpopular?

Turgid style of football and Liverpool connection.

Would people really care about the Liverpool connection? If they did that's pretty silly.

Would people really care about the Liverpool connection? If they did that's pretty silly.

Maybe, I wouldn't be surprised though.

People seemed to be able to get over it for Houllier? 

I always said, when Benitez managed Liverpool, he's a great manager for cup runs and inspiring players and giving you memorable nights of rollercoaster emotions. For seriously competing to win the league, he never showed the tactical flexibility, but to be fair, that was all a long time ago now. 

Did they get over it for Houllier? Him waving to the Liverpool fans caused many, many Villa fans to cry in their seats, according to posters on here. <br />

<br />

No thanks to Benitez. Good manager, but I'd rather someone without a Prem team connection.