Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Many great managers have been sacked-Brian Clough & Ron Saunders spring to mind. Top clubs sack managers regularly.

Make no mistake, Moyes will still be a well sought after manager & won't be long out of a job unless he chooses to be. His experience at Utd may well have benefitted him.

My personal choice would be the Southampton manager but I accept this is just as much of a gamble as Moyes, Lambert, MOn or whoever.

More managerial appointments fail than ever they are successful. Moyes would most likely be a success here but the football wouldn't be great-The 1st 2 years especially would be dire. Its all about what you want & as fans we want it both ways-Success & entertaining football. Those kind of managers don't grow on trees.

Look at the existing PL. How many managers from that lot would you take? Mancini got sacked last season as well-Would you take him or turn him down because he was sacked?

We can forget the top managers now. Klopp at Utd and Van Gaal to Spurs maybe? So who does that realistically leave? If Lambert goes then the best we could hope for is a 'Moyes' type anyway, rather that than a Redknapp or an AVB. Unispiring I know.  

Edited by Supervillan78

We can forget the top managers now. Klopp at Utd and Van Gaal to Spurs maybe? So who does that realistically leave? If Lambert goes then the best we could hope for is a 'Moyes' type anyway, rather that than a Redknapp or an AVB. Unispiring I know.  

We would never get Klopp anyway. He won't go to United, that's pretty much nailed on for Van Gaal.

Spurs will end up with Pochettino and Southampton will probably appoint Lambert once we've sacked him and brought in Moyes.

lmao what's the bet Moyes is our next manager?

16-1 4th favourite

Don't see it myself.

The betting market for managers is easily swayed by a couple of bets, the bookies do not know a lot about these things so at the moment it us irrelevant

We can forget the top managers now. Klopp at Utd and Van Gaal to Spurs maybe? So who does that realistically leave? If Lambert goes then the best we could hope for is a 'Moyes' type anyway, rather that than a Redknapp or an AVB. Unispiring I know.

We would never get Klopp anyway. He won't go to United, that's pretty much nailed on for Van Gaal.

Spurs will end up with Pochettino and Southampton will probably appoint Lambert once we've sacked him and brought in Moyes.

Southampton will no way appoint Lambert

Even thou he is an unknown quantity regarding coaching in the PL Marcelo Bielsa would be a very exciting option.

I don't think his football philosophy would fit very well with the squad we have atm, but then agin i don't think there are many players worth keeping  if we do get new owner willing to spend. Don't think Bielsa is on the radar of any new american owners thou. 

As others have posted i really hope the new owners appoint a "Director of Football" with a clear strategy at the club so we don't end up at the wims and mercy of the manager because then we once again have to start from zero when he leaves.

Even thou he is an unknown quantity regarding coaching in the PL Marcelo Bielsa would be a very exciting option.

I don't think his football philosophy would fit very well with the squad we have atm, but then agin i don't think there are many players worth keeping  if we do get new owner willing to spend. Don't think Bielsa is on the radar of any new american owners thou. 

As others have posted i really hope the new owners appoint a "Director of Football" with a clear strategy at the club so we don't end up at the wims and mercy of the manager because then we once again have to start from zero when he leaves.

He's already agreed to takeover at Marseille.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

He's already agreed to takeover at Marseille.

Ah too bad!

Good for them

I wish we had appointed Martinez instead of McLeish. If nothing else we'd be playing attractive football. Speaking of a Roberto's, what about Mancini?

Mancini is at Galatasaray so he'll probably get sacked in a couple of months, but if we're going italian i rather go for Spalletti.

On another note Mircea Lucescu will probably wan't to get out of Shakhtar Donetsk what with the potential civil war and all.

He's 68 but he might wan't to become sporting director if he feels he's too old to take on another managerial career

Edit: Just read he had hearth issues so it might be Houllier MK2

Edited by sne

I wouldn't be totally opposed to Moyes, as he's a proud man and will want to prove his worth. He can find good players for not a lot of money, and can get us up the league again.

I would prefer someone a little more progressive and attack minded, though.

I don't know the answer to this for sure.....

But what were Moyes Everton like 2 seasons into his tenure ?  - I know one season they avoided relegation on the very last day by a whisker 

I wouldn't be totally opposed to Moyes, as he's a proud man and will want to prove his worth. He can find good players for not a lot of money, and can get us up the league again.

I would prefer someone a little more progressive and attack minded, though.

I don't know the answer to this for sure.....

But what were Moyes Everton like 2 seasons into his tenure ?  - I know one season they avoided relegation on the very last day by a whisker 

They went from 7th in his second (first full) season, to 17th in the third. They finished 4th the year after that.

Not sure why it fluctuated so wildly.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner