Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

I want someone like Rodgers. Someone who is going to improve players and the way they play with his coaching and tactics. Someone who has a clear vision for success. I think this is more likely to come from Europe at the moment.

Is there a reason for so many British managers playing hoofball?

I want someone like Rodgers. Someone who is going to improve players and the way they play with his coaching and tactics. Someone who has a clear vision for success. I think this is more likely to come from Europe at the moment.

Is there a reason for so many British managers playing hoofball?

Yeah, shit training and too deeply rooted tradition how coaches are trained and players coached.

If we were going to look abroad, the best realistic choice for me would be Roberto Donadoni at Parma - he has them playing some really good stuff, and has just that right amount of experience. I also think he'd jump at the chance to manage in England.

If Lambert is given on average £5m-£10m per player to spend I think he'd find some gems from Europe. His problem has been having to spend a million here and a million there to fill most of the squad. He is still young and given funds I'm sure the standard of football will improve as more technical, better quality players are brought in. I just think he deserves a chance for doing the job in a way that has allowed Lerner to get us in a position to sell up.

• Like 1

I don't think Moyes is a bad manager and people talk about his negative football but at times last season Everton played some really good stuff. But I'd have a bad feeling about him at the Villa not sure why exactly.

I don't think Moyes is a bad manager and people talk about his negative football but at times last season Everton played some really good stuff. But I'd have a bad feeling about him at the Villa not sure why exactly.

Long balls up to Fellaini? Wouldn't call that good football

• Like 1

If new owners come in, you would expect them to be employing advisors.

No-one from a professional background would advise against Moyes-He was even recommended for the job by SAF.

Hopefully, Newcastle will beat us to his signature.

Remember the thread includes the word "realistically". The only way there will be a managerial change is if ownership changes hands. Even then its guaranteed.

A lot of these names being bandied about are not realistic & a lot are far more of a gamble than Lambert ever was. This is not withstanding the fact that a large percentage of our fans wanted Lambert to be manager 2 years ago. As he is now public enemy number 1 now, does this mean that those fans opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt?

We all want a young, hungry manager who plays good football & builds a winning side-We all want new owners who will develop & build a winning side rather than just buying it. Unfortunately, we live in the real world & if it was as simple as that, every team would be doing it. Nobody rectuits a manager based on how useless he is or how boring his style of football is (Lerner excluded with AM)

If new owners come in, you would expect them to be employing advisors.

No-one from a professional background would advise against Moyes-He was even recommended for the job by SAF.

Hopefully, Newcastle will beat us to his signature.

Remember the thread includes the word "realistically". The only way there will be a managerial change is if ownership changes hands. Even then its guaranteed.

A lot of these names being bandied about are not realistic & a lot are far more of a gamble than Lambert ever was. This is not withstanding the fact that a large percentage of our fans wanted Lambert to be manager 2 years ago. As he is now public enemy number 1 now, does this mean that those fans opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt?

We all want a young, hungry manager who plays good football & builds a winning side-We all want new owners who will develop & build a winning side rather than just buying it. Unfortunately, we live in the real world & if it was as simple as that, every team would be doing it. Nobody rectuits a manager based on how useless he is or how boring his style of football is (Lerner excluded with AM)

Still though, Moyes reputation is now weakened. Why would new owners hire a recent sacked manager?