Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
  Hide contents

wtf is going on with the Umbers? Is that actually Shaggydog? What will Ramsey do with Rickon?

Spoiler

I'm thinking the Umbers still have loyalty to the Starks... Or at least don't like the Boltons. But I've no idea how effectively giving Ramsey a threat to his legitimacy plays into that.

I'd like to think the show is cleverer than to just magic a character no-one cares about back in to the show to just kill them off via a character everyone already knows is a sadistic word removed, simply because their name is Stark. They've got to do something interesting with it and having Ramsey kill/torture him isn't interesting.

It's also going to border on ludicrous if the show ultimately just decimates the Starks.

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That bloke that fought Ned Stark what a beast

Bloke that killed him was definitely a bloser

There are two ways of fighting, the honourable way, and winning. :P 

So, the Hound's coming back? Some sort of repentance story arc with him killing the Mountain as he's about to do something terrible seems likely.

Edited by Davkaus

Hmm quite a slow episode in my eyes.

Spoiler

Danerys story does seem to drag on and is all a bit pointless now. Bring back the dragons.

Jon Snow leaving surprised me, thought Sansa would turn up and tell him about Ramsey, then he'd get wildlings and nights watch to march on winter fell and destroy Ramsey (suppose he can still take wildlings).

Thought the boy who was playing Ned, was trying too hard to sound like Sean Bean, I can see why, just found it a little frustrating.

Sams story was pointless to go on so long. Same as Tyrion trying to talk to the guard and the translator

As someone mentioned before, they are definitely trying to make it more comedic.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There are two ways of fighting, the honourable way, and winning. :P 

So, the Hound's coming back? Some sort of repentance story arc with him killing the Mountain as he's about to do something terrible seems likely.

Hound will probably to be the churches Champion against the Mount in any trial by combat that may happen. If he is alive. 

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That bloke that fought Ned Stark what a beast

Bloke that killed him was definitely a bloser

Ser Arthur Dayne, the sword of the morning.  He's referenced a lot in the books. Barristan Selmy, the leader of the Kingsguard who got sacked for being old when Joff took the throne and then went on to advise Dany with Ser Friendzone for a while before getting killed by the Sons of the Harpy in the pyramid last season spoke about him all the time.  He's basically to Rehgar what The Mountain is to Cersei or Brienne is to Sanda, a badass knight.  I'm not sure if he's been referenced in the show before.  I'd be surprised if he hasn't at some point as a nod towards book readers.   Not sure he needed to dual wield two swords though, I think part of his character in the book is that he had a single named sword like John Snow, Brienne or Ned. 

Yup, Dawn, a sword forged from a fallen meteorite or something, as strong as Valyrian steel, yet even lighter.

1 guy taking on 4 guys on his own was silly enough, with a single massive, unwieldy sword, it probably wasn't going to be too easy to choreograph. There's only so many hits you can block with one sword, I don't care how good you are, if there's 4 guys who aren't complete idiots, you're going down.

I guess it probably was a choreographing issue, I'd not even considered that.   Took me out of the moment though. 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i seem to recall there being some absolutely terrible fight choreography in the last series, that fight was pretty good

The Sand Snakes fight stands out. Absolutely dreadful. Everyone standing around waiting their turn, clearly swinging with no volition, flat dull and completely unconvincing.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Sand Snakes fight stands out. Absolutely dreadful. Everyone standing around waiting their turn, clearly swinging with no volition, flat dull and completely unconvincing.

Yeah, there was a lot of online criticism, and the show writers seem to engage a lot with fans, I suspect that may have lead to this rather unusual duel-wielding fight. I don't think Dawn has ever been mentioned in the TV show either.

It's a shame we didn't see him in action with his favoured weapon, at least he got a fight scene though, it's better than Areo Hotah got!

The fight was fantastic. All 4 attacked him at the same time and he never looked like losing. Hats off to them. 

Hated that we have to wait for more ToJ though. 

We need a prequel series with the uprising. It would be amazing. So many interesting characters. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Ser Arthur Dayne, the sword of the morning.  He's referenced a lot in the books. Barristan Selmy, the leader of the Kingsguard who got sacked for being old when Joff took the throne and then went on to advise Dany with Ser Friendzone for a while before getting killed by the Sons of the Harpy in the pyramid last season spoke about him all the time.  He's basically to Rehgar what The Mountain is to Cersei or Brienne is to Sanda, a badass knight.  I'm not sure if he's been referenced in the show before.  I'd be surprised if he hasn't at some point as a nod towards book readers.   Not sure he needed to dual wield two swords though, I think part of his character in the book is that he had a single named sword like John Snow, Brienne or Ned. 

Wasn't the smiling knight the equivalent of the mountain then? 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

at least he got a fight scene though, it's better than Areo Hotah got!

How about poor old Strong Belwas?  

NbNYVT3.jpg

xXx o0.- Daario -.0o xXx got a really terrible version of Strong Belwas's best moment. :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We need a prequel series with the uprising. It would be amazing. So many interesting characters. 

There are the Dunk and Egg books.   Dunno if they will ever get televised, but they are good fun. 

I'd love to see the trident, the siege at storms end etc in a show. Mad King, rhaegar, Lyanna would totes amazeballs

Edited by StefanAVFC

4 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

How about poor old Strong Belwas?  

NbNYVT3.jpg

xXx o0.- Daario -.0o xXx got a really terrible version of Strong Belwas's best moment. :(

I completely forgot about that guy. I need to re-read the books, so many characters and storylines that I've completely forgotten.

I'm not sure I like where things were going towards the end of the fight scene. Bran isn't going to start introducing time travel paradoxes to Westeros is he? 

• Like 1

Â