Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I think if it's been on TV it's fair game on Twitter and in this thread. I think papers and TV shows should wait a few days and mention that there's spoilers present.

I remember last year the metro did a massive picture of Cat Stark getting her throat cut with essentially the plot less than 48 hours later. I think they went a bit far there.

Watching that video has just made me realise that there is a bloke who's entire job it is just to throw lots of sand down on anything made out of concrete before they start filming. 

• Like 1

I am surprised they killed him off this quickly. Natalie Dormer is likely the culprit because she is now the active queen without a lanistor husband. 

The old lady seems the more likely assassin. She's ruthless. 

Then again it could be the newcomers to King's Landing, the swarthy people from far away  :D

I am surprised they killed him off this quickly. Natalie Dormer is likely the culprit because she is now the active queen without a lanistor husband. 

No.  The monarchy in Game of Thrones works like the UK system works.  You have two types of Queens; a Queen regent who is the head of state (like Queen Elizabeth II) or a Queen consort (like Kate will be eventually) who is the wife of the King.  That's why Prince Philip isn't the King of England, he isn't the head of state by birthright and anybody with the title of King would be head of state. 

Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) was a Queen consort, she loses her seat when the King dies.  The crown now passes to Robert Baratheon's (remember him?) next oldest son, who is Tommen Baratheon, Joff's kid brother. He will be head of state but Cersei will rule in his stead until he is old enough so she regains her title of Queen Regent.  

Yeah according to succession theory it would be Joffrey-Tommen-Myrcella, then as that would be the end of Robert Baratheon's line, it would go to Stannis unless any of them had kids.

(Mild spoiler alert for anyone who's at the beginning that we shouldn't need anyway)

Although as we know, the kids are all bastards born of incest so it's Stannis' by right of succession anyway.

Â