Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Changing the scene to have Jamie rape Cersei was completely unnecessary and not needed when he's in the middle of a redemption arc. It's a bit like how they changed the cousin killing and him killing the Kastark boys to make him a much bigger bad guy. I get the impression they have no idea how to handle characters that is so morally grey.

Although vastly different, the writers of the tv know the whole ending, even from the unpublished books. So they know how Jamie’s story ends, meaning its a massive spoiler for people reading the books thinking he’s okay when he’s not...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....whoa there.

Just...let me get this straight....you're suggesting that, despite what we already know, whether we've watched the show, read one book, or all of them...that the spelling of his name is actually Jamie and not Jaime? Please don't tv spoiling book spoilers in this thread.

Edited by hogso

The writers have said that this season they will start to move away more from the books so perhaps this is the start of that process?

I'm thinking the "rape" is a short cut so they can ignore the encounter in the book where he knocks Cersei back and she gets pissed off. This could then be the "excuse" they need to navigate his decision to stick with the Kingsguard, to release Tyrion and then spend the next 2 series dicking about in the riverlands.

Edited by Eames

If they (Cersei & Jamie) get along like nothing happened next week, I may pack it in with the show.

Really? Because of one allegedly botched scene?

I say allegedly because from where I was sitting she enjoyed every second of it, she certainly didn't try overly hard to escape his grasp. I can only assume most people were too shocked to notice that.

May I add that I am most certainly NOT condoning rape! Only fictional rape between brother and sister. Thanks...

I am loathe to go on about the books, but DDID, you would've loved the bit in the second book when young John dips his todge in ale and let's Ghost have a go on it.

Btw that's a reference to when DDID dog did you know what.

I wonder if he fingered her with his gross gold hand? Bet he fingered her with his gross gold hand. In fact he probably took it off and fisted her with the stump. I suppose you'd call that stumping.

• Like 1

If they (Cersei & Jamie) get along like nothing happened next week, I may pack it in with the show.

Having just watched the trailer for next week, you may be watching your last episode next Monday. 

Edit: Just to clarify I've no idea, and haven't read the books. I'm just going off a 3 second clip.

Edited by dAVe80

I'm not comfortable with using rape as shock factor.

If there is a point to all of it, then fine, I can put up with it.

But using it to say 'hey, this guy is a bit of a shit', then continuing the story like nothing happened, is not on.

I do think the writers know what they are doing though, and I don't think Martin would let them get away with it if it wasn't for good reason.

I'm not comfortable with using rape as shock factor.

If there is a point to all of it, then fine, I can put up with it.

But using it to say 'hey, this guy is a bit of a shit', then continuing the story like nothing happened, is not on.

I do think the writers know what they are doing though, and I don't think Martin would let them get away with it if it wasn't for good reason.

I didn't see it as rape - she mildly protested at the start because it was next to her dead son and that they might get caught, not that she didn't want to.

The writers have said that this season they will start to move away more from the books so perhaps this is the start of that process?

I'm thinking the "rape" is a short cut so they can ignore the encounter in the book where he knocks Cersei back and she gets pissed off. This could then be the "excuse" they need to navigate his decision to stick with the Kingsguard, to release Tyrion and then spend the next 2 series dicking about in the riverlands.

We still getting book spoilers?!  :bang: 

We still getting book spoilers?! :bang:

Not sure why the attitude. You're in a thread labeled "spoilers" and you've then clicked a spoiler tab?

I would suggest that's asking to be spoiled.

Its one in the same. Spoil the TV show and in 90% of cases you spoil the books. What a ridiculous idea.

Again...don't want to be spoiled? Don't click the spoiler tab.

I'm sorry but no.

The TV show and the books are one and the same spoil one...spoil the other.

Don't want to get spoiled? Don't open a thread labelled spoilers and the start clicking spoiler tabs.

I'm sorry but, there's a thread to talk about the book, talk about the books in there? 

Or at least label a book spoiler with "Book Spoiler" like other people have done.

I have no problem with reading spoilers from the TV series, because i'm up to date with the TV series. We cant have things which have happened in the last episode and things that will happen in the future from the books in the same spoiler tags.

That's just stupid.

Edited by PieFacE

Â