Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

If your book spoiler above is from something that's already happened in the TV series then fair enough. That's fair game IMO.

But if it's something that's going to happen then take it to the book thread ;)

Edited by PieFacE

I'm not comfortable with using rape as shock factor.

If there is a point to all of it, then fine, I can put up with it.

But using it to say 'hey, this guy is a bit of a shit', then continuing the story like nothing happened, is not on.

I do think the writers know what they are doing though, and I don't think Martin would let them get away with it if it wasn't for good reason.

I didn't see it as rape - she mildly protested at the start because it was next to her dead son and that they might get caught, not that she didn't want to.

Indeed.

As for the "point", surely it is there to show how deeply **** in the head the pair of them are. We didn't need reminding with Cersei of course, but Jaime?

Jaime is a very interesting character. Sure, we have seen a much more likable side to him over the last half season, but has it really been enough to redeem him as a human being? Not in my view. Ultimately, he's as narcissistic as the next man/woman/beast in Westeros. He see's something he wants, he takes it. 

That said, to repeat, I'm stunned at how many people thought it was rape at all. You can't rape somebody who wants to be raped.

If your book spoiler above is from something that's already happened in the TV series then fair enough. That's fair game IMO.

If its already happened it isn't a spoiler but if its going to happen in the TV show its a spoiler no? The thread is marked ”spoilers” and the comment was behind a spoiler tab. People have/had the option to look at it or not. Villarule chose to look thus losing the right to complain about being spoiled. Its like walking into an abbatior and complaining about dead cows. What was he expecting to find?

Had I not used the spoiler tab I would fully accept I was in the wrong. I did. People have a choice and I am not responsibly for another posters lack of self control.

If its already happened it isn't a spoiler but if its going to happen in the TV show its a spoiler no? The thread is marked ”spoilers” and the comment was behind a spoiler tab. People have/had the option to look at it or not. Villarule chose to look thus losing the right to complain about being spoiled. Its like walking into an abbatior and complaining about dead cows. What was he expecting to find?

Had I not used the spoiler tab I would fully accept I was in the wrong. I did. People have a choice and I am not responsibly for another posters lack of self control.

I think the confusion is that people are talking about the latest episode in spoiler tags to for people who haven't seen it yet. So yeah, **** it, I don't really care that much  :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

I'm not comfortable with using rape as shock factor.

If there is a point to all of it, then fine, I can put up with it.

But using it to say 'hey, this guy is a bit of a shit', then continuing the story like nothing happened, is not on.

I do think the writers know what they are doing though, and I don't think Martin would let them get away with it if it wasn't for good reason.

I didn't see it as rape - she mildly protested at the start because it was next to her dead son and that they might get caught, not that she didn't want to.

Indeed.

As for the "point", surely it is there to show how deeply **** in the head the pair of them are. We didn't need reminding with Cersei of course, but Jaime?

Jaime is a very interesting character. Sure, we have seen a much more likable side to him over the last half season, but has it really been enough to redeem him as a human being? Not in my view. Ultimately, he's as narcissistic as the next man/woman/beast in Westeros. He see's something he wants, he takes it.

That said, to repeat, I'm stunned at how many people thought it was rape at all. You can't rape somebody who wants to be raped.

I don't think the "shades of rape" discussion is helpful...in fact it's dangerous.

She said very clearly "no, no, not here, not now". It was rape.

The book deals with it very differently. ..its all a bit James Bond where she isn't into it at first but then clearly consents. The context is also totally different it being their first meeting and all.

I think there is a reason it was done this way which I have explained elsewhere and what happens next in the TV show will determine whether or not the scene worked...which is actually a bit of a problem with the TV format. You have to wait a week which is plenty of time for people to work themselves up over a scene without seeing the impact of has on the characters....

Edited by Eames

I think the confusion is that people are talking about the latest episode in spoiler tags to for people who haven't seen it yet. So yeah, **** it, I don't really care that much :lol:.
Cool. Not after a row and I'm trying (believe it or not) not to be an arsehole about it. :)
  • Like 1

Its one in the same. Spoil the TV show and in 90% of cases you spoil the books. What a ridiculous idea.

Again...don't want to be spoiled? Don't click the spoiler tab.

it's not the same. Book spoilers in here are like if I went into the breaking bad thread whilst it was still airing and posted a spoiler about the last episode before it had even been shown, but out it behind a spoiler tag. People would click it because they thought they were up to date and want to see what i had to say and then they're greeted with a proper spoiler.

Its a weird situation with GoT because the source material is already written, I know. But I still think book spoilers should stay out if here. Or at least clearly label them.

Anyway, I've already taken the decision to not click any spoiler tag in here just to be safe :)

Any spoiler free guesses who actually killed Joffry? 

It's not Natalie Dormer, nor is it Tyrion. Sansa is out of the question and same with any of Joffry's family I presume. I don't think it was Oberyn, so I am not really sure who it could be. 

Any spoiler free guesses who actually killed Joffry? 

It's not Natalie Dormer, nor is it Tyrion. Sansa is out of the question and same with any of Joffry's family I presume. I don't think it was Oberyn, so I am not really sure who it could be. 

As a book reader, I'm very intrigued as to what people think about this, got to say it was fairly obvious I thought, but that was probably because I knew what to look for.

Was it not revealed last episode though?

You can actually find out if you rewatch the episode closely. Combined with the knowledge you have from ep3, it should be rather obvious.

I am definitely not going to rewatch an hour long episode just for that. Any hints?

Â