Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

It will grind to a halt. Book 6 wont be out until 2015 so it's safe to assume that the show will be up to S5 as far as the TV is concerned.

I'm more worried about Martin dying before he finished the saga. Book 7 ain't going to be brief and he is very clear none is going to be allowed to finish it for him.

Pretty sure me and Ginko at least have had this discussion in the past. It happens quite often with anime based on ongoing manga, Naruto probably being the best example. The way around it usually is to produce filler episodes, original stories that don't appear in the original written version, until such time as they can/want to start producing the main story arc's for TV again. It'd work well with Got, have a whole episode of Dany doing Dany stuff, or an episode of Jaime doing Jaime stuff, or a comedy episode starring Hodor, nothing but Hodor, cooking, hunting, shouting in to wells, wouldnt that be great?

I seem to recall reading that Martin had told the TV writers what his plan for the ending was, in case he died? Or did I imagine that?

• Like 1

He has probably already written the ending.   I dare say he has had the plot worked out for years, it's the details which take the time. 

He has probably already written the ending.   I dare say he has had the plot worked out for years, it's the details which take the time. 

Pretty sure he has, which is why I worry the TV show will overtake the books, as he's already told David Benioff and Dan Weiss (the Creators) how it ends so that they are able to finish it even if a Dream of Spring isn't released.

Would love to see a mini series about the Rebellion though if they needed a way to delay the final few series for the book, would also be a great way to drop some of the hints from the books that aren't exactly clear in the show or are only really present in the flashbacks from the books. Plus, there's a lot of side stories which are never really explored in the books which could be used to fill out the show:

If it isn't clear, this is a book spoiler

For example, maybe a couple exposition episodes to tell Euron's story, or perhaps we can find out what happened to Rickon and how Davos is going about finding him (though that could easily be in the next book)

It will be interesting to see how they handle the inevitable catching up to the books, but I have to say I'd be hugely disappointed if they finished it off before aDoS came out.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Yep, they could definitely follow what they do in Japan with anime catching up to the manga and do a filler season or two, there's definitely plenty of material to get their teeth stuck into. I'd rather they did a separate season on the rebellion or telling some stories of other characters from the lore rather than making up adventures for the current cast, though.

Jumping back into the past might not flow very well between seasons - I guess they'd have to end the current 'book season' in a particular way to emphasise that it wouldn't be carrying on for a year or two - but it'd be preferential to making stuff up about the main characters.

They tend to do this a lot with anime and it annoys me to no end. When they do filler episodes, they have to work within constraints and effectively nothing can ever change because it may affect the main storyline when that eventually continues. Either that or they try and stretch out the 'canon' material which is just boring and interrupts the flow and excitement.

I'm also sure I've read that Martin knows how it ends, he just doesn't know for sure how to get there. He's told Weiss and Benihoff how it ends so I guess it's up to them to decide how it gets to that point if Martin doesn't live to finish the books. If he lasts five years I think he'll get it done. He can't be too far away from finishing The Winds of Winter (the sixth book) and I watched an interview with him last year and he said that he's thinking the seventh will be the last as the number seven is a recurring theme in A Song of Ice and Fire - the Seven gods in the modern religion of Westeros, for example.

I'm really interested with how they're going to play this one out. It's not spelled out completely in the books and I'm pretty sure they've changed something quite important already.

Finally the word removed got what was coming to him

:D

saw lots of things over the weekend about what a horrible character he is and people seemingly glad that he's gone, i actually think he's one of the best characters in it, the guy who plays him is absolutely superb, he's pretty much universally hated! this isnt like robb where in reality he's no great loss to the show, i really think joffrey is a big loss

• Like 1

I'm really interested with how they're going to play this one out. It's not spelled out completely in the books and I'm pretty sure they've changed something quite important already.

BOOK spoilers

No girl dwarf?  Good.  This means Tyrion won't spend six hundred hours on a boat playing

chess cyvasse. Hopefully.

Also can't remember whether I read it here or elsewhere but Jamie is training with Bronn instead of Ser Iyan Payne because Wilko Johnson was too ill to film the show.  

Here he is wielding an axe in happier times. :D

• Like 1

BOOK spoilers

No girl dwarf?  Good.  This means Tyrion won't spend six hundred hours on a boat playing

chess cyvasse. Hopefully.

Also can't remember whether I read it here or elsewhere but Jamie is training with Bronn instead of Ser Iyan Payne because Wilko Johnson was too ill to film the show.  

Here he is wielding an axe in happier times. :D

BOOK SPOILER

Actually no, I was on about the fact that they seem to have substituted the hair net for a necklace, but I was looking for a female dwarf too in that scene

;) I didn't think that whole thing would make it into the TV show though and so far it doesn't look like it will, which is no real loss.

I've heard that Jack Gleeson is retiring from acting, if he hasn't already I suppose. Shame that, he's a fantastic actor for one so young.

i didnt know that, just googled it, looks like he's going back to school (trinity college) to study philosophy and theology,he wants to do a major in ancient hebrew... he'll never get a job using that degree so he'll be back

;)

• Like 1

Â