Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I know this was discussed a few pages back but having discussed this so much on the ASoIaF forums I'm pretty certain the show will overtake the books without hesitation. I personally believe (as do others) that GRRM has written himself into a block and will be more than happy to have the tv show finish the story for him. If we are lucky we might get book 6 by the end of next year but I doubt it.

Book 4 and 5 do not have enough content for 2 full seasons and they will need to start some of the stuff of book 4 this season since the timeline of book 4 is a bit weird with how they have done things so far. So that puts even more pressure on book 7 being out earlier if they want to have the books come out first. 

I know people have speculated about prequels and dunk and egg tales but given the money that goes into each season and what a global phenomenon that the show has become delaying the final season(s) would just lose them a ton of money. On top of that GRRM wasn't able to age up the characters like he originally planned for the books with a 5 year time lapse so each year the child actors look less and less like the age of the character they are playing and I can't imagine fans would react well to having to recast Arya after a break because no one believes that a 20yr old Maisie Williams is playing a 12 yr old. 

It was okay. There are too many storylines in one episode sometimes. Jumps around a lot.

Even though the ending was good. Thought the episode was a bit shit really.

Id agree with both of these

BOOK SPOILER

If so, I'd hope they keep it secret. I'd even keep her uncredited if I had control over the decision. I do think S4 will close with the stoneheart reveal.

One of my mates is enraged because the Guardian spoiled it.  Looks like they've pulled the article now.

The spoilers debate is an interesting one. With so much content being consumed on demand, it goes to show you're still better off watching something as soon as it airs. With GoT though, the last scene from the most recent episode, was written what, 15 years ago?

What is the statute of limitations here?

Book spoiler

Who reckons the final scene of the season will be the revealing of Lady Stoneheart?  Any word on if Michelle Fairley is back on board?

Thats how a storm of swords ends with the awesome epilogue, so would make sense..

WAIT! VF70 has responded to a book spoiler with a spoiler, but hasn't said it's a book spoiler! PANIC gallery_28117_1_2845.gif

One of my mates is enraged because the Guardian spoiled it.  Looks like they've pulled the article now.

The spoilers debate is an interesting one. With so much content being consumed on demand, it goes to show you're still better off watching something as soon as it airs. With GoT though, the last scene from the most recent episode, was written what, 15 years ago?

What is the statute of limitations here?

The spoiler was on the guardian web-site before it had aired in this country though.  I think that crosses the line a little.

Book spoiler

Who reckons the final scene of the season will be the revealing of Lady Stoneheart?  Any word on if Michelle Fairley is back on board?

BOOK SPOILER

I think it probably will, either that or Tyrion and his trusty crossbow.

Book spoiler

BOOK SPOILER

i think they'll keep the episode 9 trend going... there a moment in the 2nd trailer where shae was lay in bed on her side and she shoots up shocked, got to be that

Book spoiler

BOOK SPOILER

i think they'll keep the episode 9 trend going... there a moment in the 2nd trailer where shae was lay in bed on her side and she shoots up shocked, got to be that

Yeah, as soon as I read it I earmarked Tywin's end for episode 9 and Stoneheart to close the season out.

Ha ha naughty Gareth has given spoilers in the Paul Lambert thread of all places.  His immense popularity may be under threat.  Better hide in off topic G man, we'll look after you.

Can we make it so only book spoilers go in spoiler boxes? I don't know which ones I should click on half the time. If we just assume people won't come into the thread until they've seen the most recent episode it will be much easier to pick up on the conversation without possibly ruining things.

Can we make it so only book spoilers go in spoiler boxes? I don't know which ones I should click on half the time. If we just assume people won't come into the thread until they've seen the most recent episode it will be much easier to pick up on the conversation without possibly ruining things.

Should just have a book thread.

Â